Christmas Day - 1 Game... DePaul v LMU...

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:41 pm

Taking a break from setting up the kids' presents under the tree tonight...

We have 1 game on tap for Christmas Day...

1:30pm, DePaul vs Loyola Marymount. <--- Diamond Head Classic, Honolulu.

I hope everyone here has a great Christmas. Should be an enjoyable game to watch. The over-under is "5" on how many threes will be attempted by 6'-10" Forrest Robinson.

Side note is that PC freshman guard Kyron Cartwright was committed to Loyola Marymount until coach Max Good moved on last Spring.

And I can't forget to mention the 1990 LMU Lions of Paul Westhead, with stars Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble. Running, gunning, hitting threes, scoring 100 points a game. Tragic WCC tourney. Their run to the Elite-8 I think, where they fell to running, gunning, eventual champion UNLV of Jerry Tarkanian, who i think slowed the pace that game. UNLV went on to win the final by 30 or so against Duke, back when Coach K and his team would literally cry on the bench every year while being eliminated.

Loyola Marymount is near Marina Del Rey in west Los Angeles. On the Pacific Coast Highway, not far from Malibu and Pepperdine's beautiful campus. Originally LMU was 2 separate schools, but in the 70's Loyola U combined with Marymount College, which among other things officially made LMU co-ed.

Anywho, have a great day tomorrow!
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Christmas Day - 1 Game... DePaul v LMU...

Postby X-man » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:48 am

billyjack wrote:Taking a break from setting up the kids' presents under the tree tonight...

We have 1 game on tap for Christmas Day...

1:30pm, DePaul vs Loyola Marymount. <--- Diamond Head Classic, Honolulu.

I hope everyone here has a great Christmas. Should be an enjoyable game to watch. The over-under is "5" on how many threes will be attempted by 6'-10" Forrest Robinson.

Side note is that PC freshman guard Kyron Cartwright was committed to Loyola Marymount until coach Max Good moved on last Spring.

And I can't forget to mention the 1990 LMU Lions of Paul Westhead, with stars Hank Gathers and Bo Kimble. Running, gunning, hitting threes, scoring 100 points a game. Tragic WCC tourney. Their run to the Elite-8 I think, where they fell to running, gunning, eventual champion UNLV of Jerry Tarkanian, who i think slowed the pace that game. UNLV went on to win the final by 30 or so against Duke, back when Coach K and his team would literally cry on the bench every year while being eliminated.

Loyola Marymount is near Marina Del Rey in west Los Angeles. On the Pacific Coast Highway, not far from Malibu and Pepperdine's beautiful campus. Originally LMU was 2 separate schools, but in the 70's Loyola U combined with Marymount College, which among other things officially made LMU co-ed.

Anywho, have a great day tomorrow!

Xavier played LMU in January of 1990, winning at home 115-113, when LMU was ranked #25. I was there, and it was really fun watching a game played at breakneck speed with such great players. Have a Merry Christmas, one and all. And G'town...we'll see you in a week at 10PM New Year's eve.
Xavier will surprise. Never count them out of the Dance.
X-man

Postby DemonLS » Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:45 am

I know some like to make fun of Robinson shooting threes. But for those non-DePaul fans, Forrest Robinson is DePaul's best 3-point shooter. He is typically pretty good.

We have 2 6'10" players who like to shoot threes more than posting up down low. BIG problem.

DePaul's 3 centers are currently out. Sequele ankle injury (nothing special), Stimage broken toe and should be back soon and Ryckbock (3rd backup out for the year torn ACL).

If Sequele and Stimage come back and do not produce, then DePaul will not win another game.

Purnell will be fired and most likely DePaul will clear house.....hopefully.
DemonLS

Postby Jet915 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:13 pm

DePaul gonna embarrass again today?
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:13 pm

DePaul down 9 with 6 min left...
Jet915

Postby Westbrook#36 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:45 pm

DePaul is lucky the BE doesn't have promotion/relegation like euro soccer, their asses would be playing in Summit league by now.
Westbrook#36

Postby MUPanther » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:59 pm

How did DePaul beat Stanford. I thought DePaul would win one game in Hawaii. Disappointing!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby marquette » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:33 pm

MUPanther wrote:How did DePaul beat Stanford. I thought DePaul would win one game in Hawaii. Disappointing!

Just watch them beat us in Chicago.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby billyjack » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:44 pm

Forrest Robinson was 1-for-6 from three... now 4 out of his last 21 from three, under 20%.

I don't like talking about kicking out or relegating any of us, and the fans and alumni care and are almost at the breaking point. There is no reason why things can't improve quickly, but in order to improve they absolutely have to change coaches. There are some excellent possibilities.

I'm maybe the most ridiculously optimistic Big East fan around, and i have absolutely no hope that Purnell can ever turn things around.
Providence
billyjack

Postby TheBall » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:45 pm

6 straight losses, to go along with the early ine to Lehigh. Lost by 30+ to oregon state the game before oregon state lost to quinipiac

Time for a change.
TheBall

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board