Eve of the Season: 10 Semi-Bold Predictions

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Eve of the Season: 10 Semi-Bold Predictions

Postby RDinNY » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:05 pm

Some guy had a quadruple double when it had NEVER been done before, so anything is possible!
RDinNY

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:01 am

RDinNY wrote:Some guy had a quadruple double when it had NEVER been done before, so anything is possible!

And that guy is now playing in a league in China. :lol:

Interesting to note that the great Ann Meyers once had a quadruple double for UCLA with 20 points, 14 rebounds, 10 assists, and 10 steals. Several players have done it at the D-3 level. I wonder how many players have just missed it?
Bill Marsh

Postby EMT » Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:24 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:Actually after looking at Dunn's stats the closest he realistically came to a quad double was probably the Brown game: 16 pts, 8 assts., 6 rebs and 6 TO's. UK with 10 TO's is not far behind...

I like Dunn and I think he will be a great player for you guys and is a sure-as-sh!t pro after PC, but let's pump the breaks a bit. He's still young and with young players you've got to take the good with the (sometimes, very) bad. He has not yet developed a 3 pt shot and his 1.79:1 assist-to-turnover ratio is not very good. To put those numbers in perspective compare him to some other PG's in the BE: Arch 3.45:1, Chatman 3.07:1, DSR 2.53:1. Surprisingly Gibbs and Jordan don't take very good care of the ball either. Honestly I think that has as much to do with coaching. But if you are a PG you've also got to take care of the ball.

Not really worried about Dunn's A:TO. It will continually get better as they play more games. That UK game really hurt that stat. A lot of his TOs are a function of playing at a different speed than everyone else on the court and his teammates seem to be catching up. He'd also have about 3 more assists a game on layups if his bigs had better hands.

Really interested in the PC-Nova games this year with the Dunn-Arch matchup. Dunn did a terrific job on him two years ago and PC won both games.
EMT

Postby Boyee » Sat Dec 27, 2014 3:38 pm

I'd say DePaul has 3 good players Billy Garrett Jr., Myke Henry, and Tommy Hamilton IV.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board