Eve of the Season: 10 Semi-Bold Predictions

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Eve of the Season: 10 Semi-Bold Predictions

Postby FriarsForever » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:22 pm

You put Harris but not Henton, Gumby? My bold prediction is Kris Dunn will be the Conference POTY. He's figuring it out more and more each game. Kid is scary talented, just needed some time to put it all together. Obviously, everyone across the nation's outlook was "wait-and-see" with him, but I can assure you, and can pretty much speak on behalf of all Providence fans, that we all had the same outlook. Difference being, since we have watched all of PC's games this year, we have finally "seen."
FriarsForever

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xavierfano8 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:35 pm

Not to nitpick but Stainbrook >>> Reynolds for X.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:15 pm

I have both Henton and Stainbrook on my original 1st team.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby R Jay » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:30 am

GumbyDamnit! wrote:These BE teams predictions are always fun, and the responses are always predictable. "What are you crazy...you don't have X in the 1st or 2nd team?" This is an opinion, for God's sake. I don't even have a player from my own team on the first team and they have been the undeniable best team in the league for the past 1.5 yrs, and odds non favorite to win the league. Jeez.

So let me get out all the X's before further outrage and you can argue which of these merit greater consideration.

SJU: Obekpa, Jordan
Gtown: Smith, Peak
Prov: Dunn, Harris
X: Bluett, Reynolds
SHU: Whitehead, Delgado (my dark horse for FOY)
Butler: Woods, Jones
DePaul: Garrett Jr, Hamilton
Marq: Wilson
Creighton: Brooks?, Dingman? You tell me.

And I like Dunn a lot but I have him as the 4th or 5th best PG behind: DSR, Gibbs, Arch, and Chatman. My opinion. And I think Ochefu is better than Obekpa. My opinion.

For Creighton I'd say Chatman for sure. If Zierden continues to play at the level he is now he will deserve recognition. Toby Hegner is a dark horse if he continues to improve.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:15 pm

FriarJ wrote:You have not seen PC play too much recently if you don't have Kris Dunn on 1st or 2nd team. Best distributor, best defender. Scores 14 a game without trying. He will have a triple double this year in the BE and will come close to a quadruple double as well.

Dunn has to stay healthy, but he is a very, solid player. Rysheed Jordan, IMO, is a better defender than Dunn. That's subjective. Anyway, he always keeps his guy in front of him, and will pick your pocket quicker than you can say, "egg nog." I think you've had too much of it, if you believe Dunn will "come close" to a quadruple double.

He may very, well get a triple double, but they aren't easy to come by (they seem even more rare on the collegiate level). I wonder how many players in Big East history to ever record a triple double. I only can recall two St. John's players to do so, and that is David Cain and Ron Artest.
Red Rooster

Postby FriarJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:30 pm

Red Rooster wrote:
FriarJ wrote:You have not seen PC play too much recently if you don't have Kris Dunn on 1st or 2nd team. Best distributor, best defender. Scores 14 a game without trying. He will have a triple double this year in the BE and will come close to a quadruple double as well.

Dunn has to stay healthy, but he is a very, solid player. Rysheed Jordan, IMO, is a better defender than Dunn. That's subjective. Anyway, he always keeps his guy in front of him, and will pick your pocket quicker than you can say, "egg nog." I think you've had too much of it, if you believe Dunn will "come close" to a quadruple double.

He may very, well get a triple double, but they aren't easy to come by (they seem even more rare on the collegiate level). I wonder how many players in Big East history to ever record a triple double. I only can recall two St. John's players to do so, and that is David Cain and Ron Artest.

The 6-4 point guard is averaging 15.5 points, 12.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.0 steals over his last two games against excellent competition and is finally completely healthy. Plus he has already 2 double digit rebound games a triple double with another 6-7 steals is certainly within his range.
FriarJ

Postby RDinNY » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Averaging a triple double isn't gonna happen. A quadruple double is ludicrous.
RDinNY

Postby FriarJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:55 pm

Did I say average one? I thought I said he would have one and come close to a quadruple. I never ever said he would average one.
FriarJ

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:07 pm

FriarJ wrote:
Red Rooster wrote:

The 6-4 point guard is averaging 15.5 points, 12.0 assists, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.0 steals over his last two games against excellent competition and is finally completely healthy. Plus he has already 2 double digit rebound games a triple double with another 6-7 steals is certainly within his range.

That's a small, sample size. Those numbers will dwindle, as the season progresses.

He may record a triple double during the season, but don't bank on it. It's not something that happens often. You can forget about him recording a quadruple double. Pump the brakes and relax.
Red Rooster

Postby FriarJ » Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:27 pm

He leads the league in assists and steals. Also, I must not type clearly. My prediction is he will record a triple double and come CLOSE to a quadruple at some time this year. Close to me is a triple with another 6-7 steals.

I have re-read this multiple times and it's pretty clear what I'm typing. He will not average a triple double, he will not average a quadruple double, nor will he get a quadruple double. He will make 1st team all BE, as Gumby pointed out these are opinions and to say the kid will get a triple double in a game this year is honestly not that crazy a prediction if you have seen this kid play. Coming out of HS he was the number one rated PG in the country and a McDonalds All American so it's not like it should shock anyone that he is really good. Quite honestly if the bigs on the team could gather themselves at the rim better he would be averaging a double double.
FriarJ

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board