Syracuse to schedule Nova, Johnnies and Hoyas going forward

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Syracuse to schedule Nova, Johnnies and Hoyas going forw

Postby BigMac » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:40 pm

dmac80 wrote:
adoraz wrote:
gtmoBlue wrote:The football schools shat on u, and y'all said - "oh it's okay...it's S'cuse (or Pitt, L'ville, ND, etc., etc., etc.), no blood-no foul. Let's continue to play hoops to help you (S'cuse) recruit the big cities." Wow...what 'nice guys' u C7 folks are. I don 't see any of u lining up to play BC, Miami, WV, or Temple (other former BE schools). Helping the enemy - let S'cuse play @ St Francis/Fordham/Manhattan, @ Drexel/LaSalle, and @ American/G Mason if they want to play in the big city. The same goes for any of the rest of the BE defectors.

Last year it appeared that the BE was at a disadvantage, hence Boeheim's "helping" former rivals (from a imagined position of strength). This year the BE appears strong. Just say no to former rivals who offer "help" in their own selfish best interest.

St. John's win at Syracuse this year was the most significant SJU win of the last 4 years. It immediately got us into the national rankings for the first time in 4 years. This is saying a lot because Syracuse is down this year. SJU has beaten a a handful of ranked teams the last few years, including #12 Creighton last year at MSG. But this win felt a lot better not just for me but most SJU fans. Everyone was texting me about watching the game (on ESPN 2 ironically) and the win. That's something that hasn't and won't happen for nearly any other opponent, and especially not for an unranked opponent. I know the players themselves were really looking forward to the game and even Lavin said it was the most significant win since the 2010-11 season. As long as we win a decent percent of these games, it is beneficial to the BE.

The games are great for everyone involved, including the Big East. Sign up Syracuse for the next 10 years SJU, don't have a defeatist attitude.

Totally agree.

yep. Syracuse is trending down, schedule them now to set up revenge games for many seasons into the future. Boeheim will be hanging it up soon. He's in good shape for 70 but 70 is too old. He'll never catch Coach K and now that he's stuck in the ACC getting beat by his coaching superior twice (or thrice) a year will make him feel all his years.
BigMac

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby R Jay » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Here's some friendly advice, if you're annoyed or pissed off by gtmo and haven't ignored him yet, do it with all due haste. Please remember that most Creighton fans are realistic and want to see both our program and our conference brethren succeed.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby DeltaV » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:01 am

gtmoBlue wrote:Yep...i had read All the posts prior to posting. By the way NJredman, adjust your skirt, your east coast bias is showing.

Jumping at S'cuse bait is a symptom of your problems. As a group the C7 has not consistently put a good product on the court and your attendance, following, and revenues have slipped over the last 10-20 years. The footballers and Marquette had carried the rest of you for years. G'twn has a good year periodically and 'Nova has been good these last 2 years, but overall historically you have put out a middling group of teams annually. A one game "bump" in your ooc/sos is not the solution. Giving S'cuse a 2 or 3/1 annual bump And high level visibility for recruiting doesn't help you or BE recruiting.

The solution is a strong Big East conference and to improve the basketball product you put on the court annually. If each school individually and collectively (like this year, for example) puts out top 100 teams, the league can continue to schedule average/above average OOC slates and get our bump ups during conference play. That is what you did as a larger league, except that now the bulk of the better teams have left for greener football pastures. C7 - get your shit together, get your houses in order, improve your basketball teams, and put out a basketball product worthy of Big East play. Your attendance and revenues will improve.

If you don't - you can watch hungry Xavier, Butler, and Creighton take over your league.

You claim that the C7 (realistically Nova, StJ, and GTown, since we're talking about the 3 big cities) aren't putting out a 'good product'...but then complain that we play a good OOC game against a good team?

We're not going to improve the conference by running away from good games. Syracuse wants to play us...so we play them, and beat them. Show those big city fans, prospects, and ESPN that we're the big swinging dicks in the basketball world, not some school in the middle of f---ing snow country that plays in a conference with a bunch of wannabe football schools. Make them get tired of losing to us.

Go big or go home.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board