[Article] Georgetown Has Reason for Optimism

The home for Big East hoops

Postby jckund » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:08 pm

http://rushthecourt.net/2014/12/15/geor ... -optimism/

Plugging my article here... hoping to generate some discussion around Georgetown's season thus far. If links aren't allowed I can take it down.
jckund

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: [Article] Georgetown Has Reason for Optimism

Postby DudeAnon » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 pm

Georgetown has looked great, if they had won one of either Wisconsin or Kansas (lost by 8 points combined) they would be considered the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference. But alas, they did not. So with only Florida (and hopefully Indiana) as their signature wins, they will come into conference place in the 2nd tier of the Big East.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby gtmoBlue » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 am

Unfortunately, a win over UI will not get G'twn in the rankings prior to the start of the conference portion of the season. That was KU's job.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:31 am

I think a win over Charlotte and Indiana can get them into the rankings, but it will take help from the teams from 15-30.

Hoyas are 30(AP)/29(Coaches)

Last night #19 SDSU lost.

#18 Maryland, #20 WV, #21 ND, #24 UNC, #25 Butler play tough road(neutral in Butler's case) games this weekend @ OK State and @ NC State, @ Purdue, @ Ohio St, vs. Indiana respectively. St. John's plays a good St. Mary's team as well.

#17 Miami will play Providence.

#27 N. Iowa plays Iowa, #28 Colorado St plays @ Denver and @ New Mexico St.
hoyahooligan

Return to Big East basketball message board