Tue Dec 16th, 1 Game - Arizona State at Marquette

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Dec 16th, 1 Game - Arizona State at Marquette

Postby NJRedman » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:11 pm

We need games like this for our conference RPI and just show that we are on the same level of the Football 5. It's not just about beating the top teams but our lower & middle pack teams beating their lower and middle pack teams.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:16 pm

NJRedman wrote:We need games like this for our conference RPI and just show that we are on the same level of the Football 5. It's not just about beating the top teams but our lower & middle pack teams beating their lower and middle pack teams.

True that. If we could cut down on a couple bonehead plays we would be up by 20 right now.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:23 pm

And now we are up 20.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:27 pm

NJRedman wrote:We need games like this for our conference RPI and just show that we are on the same level of the Football 5. It's not just about beating the top teams but our lower & middle pack teams beating their lower and middle pack teams.

If Marquette keeps playing like this with the addition of Fischer, it will no longer be a lower or middle pack team in the Big East. They're absolutely crushing a pretty good Arizona State team.
Last edited by Bill Marsh on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Marsh

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:42 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:

Of. Arquette keeps playing like this with the addition of Fischer, it will no longer be a lower or middle pack team in the Big East. They're absolutely crushing a pretty good Arizona State team.

I've seen this same sentiment said about every team in the BE this year. Marq may very well end up middle of the pack this year but tell me today which teams (other than DePaul) def finishes below them? Creighton? Maybe. PC? SHU? XU? Not so sure; tough to say that definitively. Right now I would put my own hard earned $ down on two bets: Nova finishes in first and DePaul finishes in last. The rest...good luck with that. And my bet isn't even a sure thing on either end.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

This is far and away the most difficult opponent remaining on our noncon schedule. If we close this out the way we've been playing we should enter conference play 8-4 with only 1 bad loss. Not great, but not a drag on the conference. I'm feeling pretty good.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:47 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:

Of. Arquette keeps playing like this with the addition of Fischer, it will no longer be a lower or middle pack team in the Big East. They're absolutely crushing a pretty good Arizona State team.

I've seen this same sentiment said about every team in the BE this year. Marq may very well end up middle of the pack this year but tell me today which teams (other than DePaul) def finishes below them? Creighton? Maybe. PC? SHU? XU? Not so sure; tough to say that definitively. Right now I would put my own hard earned $ down on two bets: Nova finishes in first and DePaul finishes in last. The rest...good luck with that. And my bet isn't even a sure thing on either end.

Correct. I guess we'll have to play the games after all.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby marquette » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:04 pm

Well, we fell apart at the end, but it is still a win over a power conference school. Marquette is now 3-3 against p5 schools. Things could be worse.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:

I don't know who'll finish behind. Them. Before the season,Villanova was regarded as being in a class by themselves. I still feel that way. DePaul is by themselves at the bottom. Put the other 8 names in a hat, pick out the names, and you'll have just as good a chance of getting it right as any other method.

I really don't care who anyone would bet on. The abetting favorites don't always win the games. I do know that the spread between the. Won't be very big. Which means that anyone can win the games between those 8.

I was very impressed with the way that Marquette played tonight now that they've completed their lineup with Fischer finally being eligible to play. If they continue to play as well as they did tonight they'll win more than their share of games - even if they have to pull some upsets to get there.
Bill Marsh

Postby pki1998 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:33 pm

Big Win tonight! Way to go Marquette!! Love how the conference is doing this year, only problem is no Big East basketball till Thursday.
Xavier
pki1998

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board