CBS Bracketology

The home for Big East hoops

CBS Bracketology

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:16 pm

Got 6 in today(though Xavier is last team in).
St John's 6 South vs 11 Illinois, then Wichita St
Butler 5 East vs 12 Buffalo, then Maryland
Villanova 2 east vs 15 NC Central, then VCU/Arkansas
Xavier 12 West vs SMU, then Oklahoma,San Diego St
Georgetown 8 west vs 9 West Virginia, then Arizona
Seton Hall 6 West vs 11 Minnesota, then Gonzaga

Think if you are St John's and even Seton Hall- you love the brackets. Do think Villanova would have a different 2nd rd game to avoid the rematch.
stever20

CBS Bracketology

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBS Bracketology

Postby WaitingPatiently » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Jerry Palm is annually one of the least accurate of the bracketologists. It's comical how bad he is relative to others...yet he has a fairly high profile spot for his.
Creighton BSBA '96, MSITM '00, and MBA '01
WaitingPatiently

Postby RedStormHoops » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:18 pm

Just hope every big east team that makes it avoid the 8/9 game because Duke, UK, Arizona, and Louisville are probably gonna be the top seeds this year and they all look very good. It seems as if after the top 5 teams, the rest of the top 25 is beatable.

None of the projected 2 seeds scare me that much. Being a St. John's fan I know first hand Gonzaga is beatable, and the rest of the top 25 I don't see any teams that have the full package I see weakness every where. If there was ever a year where multiple big east teams were capable of making runs, it is this season
RedStormHoops

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:28 pm

Only UK really scares, me but Duke would be another team I'd like to avoid. Not scared by Arizona or Louisville. Both are great defensive teams with poor offenses (I know they're ranked rather highly on kenpom, but those are bolstered from the run outs they get, neither are half court teams). JT3 has gotten the better of Louisville under Pitino for the most part so I wouldn't mind facing them (won the last 4 straight and 6-2 overall)
hoyahooligan

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:24 pm

Not complaining about this bracket at all, but if I could choose I'd love to trade Seton Hall's place in the bracket with St. John's (same seed so nbd, right?). Reason being, I'd love a rematch with Wichita State. The Hall didn't fare so well in November in Wichita, but showed enough that I'm confident they could take the Shockers on a neutral floor in March. I imagine a lot of St. John's fans actually feel the same way about welcoming a second crack at Gonzaga.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:10 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Only UK really scares, me but Duke would be another team I'd like to avoid. Not scared by Arizona or Louisville. Both are great defensive teams with poor offenses (I know they're ranked rather highly on kenpom, but those are bolstered from the run outs they get, neither are half court teams). JT3 has gotten the better of Louisville under Pitino for the most part so I wouldn't mind facing them (won the last 4 straight and 6-2 overall)

1 thing that would be interesting vs Louisville is how playing them for first time in 3 years would alter that. Before everyone had gameplans and knew what was coming.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 pm

WaitingPatiently wrote:Jerry Palm is annually one of the least accurate of the bracketologists. It's comical how bad he is relative to others...yet he has a fairly high profile spot for his.

Funny, Jerry Palm seemed to get things correct more often than Joey Brackets. He dies have 7 Big East schools.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:29 pm

MUPanther wrote:
WaitingPatiently wrote:Jerry Palm is annually one of the least accurate of the bracketologists. It's comical how bad he is relative to others...yet he has a fairly high profile spot for his.

Funny, Jerry Palm seemed to get things correct more often than Joey Brackets. He dies have 7 Big East schools.

actually it's the opposite. Lunardi last few years has been much better than Palm.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:01 am

RedStormHoops wrote:Being a St. John's fan I know first hand Gonzaga is beatable

Huh? What's your first hand experience with Gonzaga being beatable? :roll:
Bill Marsh

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:12 am

Bill Marsh wrote:
RedStormHoops wrote:Being a St. John's fan I know first hand Gonzaga is beatable

Huh? What's your first hand experience with Gonzaga being beatable? :roll:

Ughh, being down by 3 with the ball with under a minute to go when we didn't have our only big man for the last 8 minutes of the game, yea I'd say that means we could've beat them, hence they are "beatable".
RedStormHoops

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board