What should new conference name be?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: What should new conference name be?

Postby xman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 pm

thefish7 wrote:If they end up with all private schools, you could go with something like The Private League. A little pretentious I suppose, but that might be what the schools are looking for anyway.

Elistist, pretentious. How about the Members Only league?
xman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:34 pm

This is great for the 5-8 universities being bandied about as potential C7 additions. As for new league names... Keep the Big East of course, if they can. Otherwise - go back to a former league name Eastern 8 (12), ECAC, or a new one.

http://gtmos-bluenotes.blogspot.com/sear...date=false

It is easier to dust off an old conference name, charter, by-laws, and the like - do a bit of editing as needed, and they are in business. No need to attempt to recreate the wheel, when a previous edition is available for suitable editing and updating.

Besides, I was always fond of the ECAC...just kind of rolls off the tongue.

New Conf names:

All American Conference

Metro 12 Conference

gtmoBlue

Postby lurker » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:11 pm

Regardless of the conference name that is chosen, DO NOT have the number of teams as part of the name!
We all know that conference membership does not stay the same. Like the big10 having 12 teams (and soon to be 14), the big12 having 10 teams, and Atlantic 10 conference having 12 or more teams for several years now.

Don't make the mistake of counting the number of teams and putting that number as part of your conference name!!!!
lurker

Postby jkc_dawgs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:23 pm

why not? I'm pretty sure it will not exceed 12...
jkc_dawgs

Postby xman » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:23 pm

jkc_dawgs wrote:why not? I'm pretty sure it will not exceed 12...

It sure could eventually.

How about:
xman

Postby BE 7 Conference fan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:08 pm

lurker wrote:Regardless of the conference name that is chosen, DO NOT have the number of teams as part of the name!

I tend to agree with this. While it seems like the conference membership won't exceed 12, one never knows what could happen down the road. All of the members and potential members seem to appear intellectual powerhouses...let's not make it appear as though we can't count like the conferences with big state schools.
BE 7 Conference fan

Postby thefish7 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:10 pm

xman wrote:
thefish7 wrote:If they end up with all private schools, you could go with something like The Private League. A little pretentious I suppose, but that might be what the schools are looking for anyway.

Elistist, pretentious. How about the Members Only league?

:lol:
thefish7

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm

Boise State staying in the MWC. I bet SDSU follows suit. Should be easier to get that Big East name...

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8796807/boise-state-broncos-staying-mountain-west-conference-all
Jet915

Postby vu97 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:50 pm

now that Boise State has decided to stay in the MWC, it is not hard to imagine that the big east will be dead soon. It is now likely that San Diego State will back out as well and I would expect Houston and SMU to join the MWC as well. Navy in 2015, yeah right. It seems like the Catholic 7' made a very wise decision and should have an easier times securing the rights to the big east name.
vu97

Postby courtjester » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:40 pm

I wonder if Boise State would have stayed in the Big East if the C7 would not have left.
courtjester

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board