Wed Dec 10th, 3 Games, KU-GU, URI-PC, FDU-SJU...

The home for Big East hoops

Postby billyjack » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:02 am

Three games Wednesday night in the nation's most exciting conference.

7pm, #10 Kansas at Georgetown.
7pm, Rhode Island at Providence.
8pm, Fairleigh Dickinson at #24 St John's.

Huge, huge game for the Hoyas and the Big East, with an excellent chance for a Georgetown win vs Kansas at the Phone Booth.

Also, at 8pm, the #24 Johnnies host FDU. Would love to see them come out running and keep their feet on the gas.

Meanwhile, at the Dunk, the Friars host a very good URI Rams team, who have 2 excellent guards in EC Matthews and Jared Terrell. The house will be packed to the gills, and the electricity with be intense, so if PC plays like zombies again then wow... but I can only hope that the Brown game served as a wake up call. For me, I like Brown and URI, but I'm by far and away a Friar fan, so this game gives me the shakes... one of my "agita games"...

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/rhode-is ... -the-years
Last edited by billyjack on Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Providence
billyjack

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wed Dec 10th, 3 Games, KU-GU, URI-PC, FDU-SJU...

Postby abplar06 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:29 am

Surprised to see that Georgetown is actually favored by 2.5 against Kansas. Should be a great game
abplar06

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:52 am

2 pretty important games for PC and Georgetown.

For PC, it's a must win plain and simple. You don't want to go into conference play with 4 or 5 losses- where you would pretty much have to go 11-7 to make the tourney.

For Georgetown, it's almost as big. A loss and enter conference play best case at 8-3. With only Florida as a quality win. Would need to do a lot in conference play- at least 10 wins- to have much of a chance to make the tourney. Going 9-9 would put us at 17-12 which is awfully tenuous at making it.

It'll be interesting to see how St John's handles success. Real interesting.
stever20

Postby marquette » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 pm

Win by Georgetown and we have another ranked team next week(assuming G'town beats Radford). For PC this is a tough game. Great test to see how they recover. SJ...try not to make these guys look too bad, I'm hoping for some entertainment value for my evening.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Xudash » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:02 pm

We need for PC to rally so that we can simply stab the A10 to death.

Georgetown beating Kansas will have Bristol, CT soiling themselves, which would be nice.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Edrick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:20 pm

The Big East is 12-2 vs the A10 the last 2 years w/ avg margin of 15.21 points.

It would be more like Steven Seagal breaking the arm of the guy he just shot in the head.
Edrick

Postby MUPanther » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:48 pm

Kansas @ Georgetown, 6:00
Fox Sports 1: Gus Johnson, Bill Raftery

Rhode Island @ Providence, 6:00
Justin Kutcher (play-by-play) & Vin Parise (color analyst)
Fox Sports Network:

Cox-Ocean State Networks
FOX Sports Arizona
FOX Sports Detroit
FOX Sports Florida/Sun Sports PLUS
FOX Sports Ohio
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Southwest PLUS
FOX Sports West
FOX Sports Wisconsin
MASN2
MSG Plus
ROOT Sports Rocky Mountain
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby xufan02 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:44 pm

Did anyone else watch the half time reporting during the Xavier and Creighton games on FS1? Former Stanford standout Casey Jacobsen did some commentary; he was horrific. What happened to Austin Croshere, he was much much better?
xufan02

Postby BEhomer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:06 pm

big game for Gtown but it's against top 10 team so by no means this is a must win.

on the other hand, PC has to right the ship. it's not just that they lost 3 in a row, but they did not show much effort or desire against Brown. If they come out with same lack of focus then you know there is something seriously wrong with the team that showed a lot of promise early on.
BEhomer

Postby stever20 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:11 pm

BEhomer wrote:big game for Gtown but it's against top 10 team so by no means this is a must win.

on the other hand, PC has to right the ship. it's not just that they lost 3 in a row, but they did not show much effort or desire against Brown. If they come out with same lack of focus then you know there is something seriously wrong with the team that showed a lot of promise early on.

I think for us(Georgetown)- the key is how do we do in conference? If we're 12-6, than no it's not a must win tonight. But if we go 9-9, tonight absolutely is a must win. I don't want to go into the BET at 17-12, knowing a 1st round loss, and we're almost certainly out. One thing to remember, our OOC resume this season would be MUCH worse than last year. Last year we had wins over Michigan St, VCU, and Kansas St. This year it would be Florida. Pretty big difference. So I think us this year with 17 wins wouldn't look anywhere near as good as last years team did with 17 wins.
stever20

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board