Marquette's Burton and Dawson to transfer

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Marquette's Burton and Dawson to transfer

Postby BEwannabe » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 am

Bill Marsh wrote:
admin wrote:
R Jay wrote:Is it safe to assume that Marquette will exclude them transferring to other Big East programs?

I believe Big East rules prohibit it.

I don't think so. If I recall correctly, conference rules require them to sit out 2 years instead of one if they transfer within the conference. Not an outright prohibition, but it pretty much accomplishes the same thing.

sitting 2 years would be a really stupid direction when you only have 5 years to complete 4 years of eligibility.
BEwannabe

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:43 am

Eh we'll be fine. It's not like they were a huge part this year and next year Burton was gonna be competing with Senior Steve Taylor, Henry Ellanson, JJJ, and probably Wally Ellanson as well. With that much back up he was smart to dip out.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby marquette » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:29 pm

MUBoxer wrote:Eh we'll be fine. It's not like they were a huge part this year and next year Burton was gonna be competing with Senior Steve Taylor, Henry Ellanson, JJJ, and probably Wally Ellanson as well. With that much back up he was smart to dip out.

True, but it would have been nice if we had a couple more warm bodies for the rest of the season.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board