Tues Dec 9th, 4 Games...

The home for Big East hoops

Tues Dec 9th, 4 Games...

Postby billyjack » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:38 am

I have no motivation to do this, but will live vicariously through you guys...

7pm - #7 Villanova vs Illinois, <--- Jimmy V Classic, NYC.
7pm - IUPUI at Xavier.
7pm - Seton Hall at #11 Wichita State.
9pm - South Dakota at Creighton.

Looking at 4-0...!
Providence
billyjack

Tues Dec 9th, 4 Games...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Tues Dec 9th, 4 Games...

Postby xavierfano8 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:47 am

Huge chance for Seton Hall tonight. Road wins over over top tier programs carry a lot of weight come selection Sunday
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby stever20 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:49 am

xavierfano8 wrote:Huge chance for Seton Hall tonight. Road wins over over top tier programs carry a lot of weight come selection Sunday

Yeah and I would add a pretty important game for Nova as well for the same reason. Odds pretty good if Nova wants a 1 seed- they'll be compared with the Big Ten Champion. So one of the few common opponents.
stever20

Postby FlyByNight101 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 am

The Wheat Shockers at home is a tough hill to climb for SH, this will probably be the most hostile crowd they will see all season. (The Shox fans may even find a little extra hate and classlessness for a Creighton conference mate.) If the pirates can take the crowd out of the game early I like the Pirate's chances.
FlyByNight101

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:34 am

FlyByNight101 wrote:The Wheat Shockers at home is a tough hill to climb for SH, this will probably be the most hostile crowd they will see all season. (The Shox fans may even find a little extra hate and classlessness for a Creighton conference mate.) If the pirates can take the crowd out of the game early I like the Pirate's chances.

Well I hope you're right about that because one thing the Pirates have done very well this year is get off to fast starts. I think SHU has the talent to beat Wichita State. My concern is it being the first true road game for a team that has almost half of its total minutes being played by freshmen. I'm cautiously optimistic, but would be a lot more confident at home or even on a neutral floor.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby MUPanther » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:26 am

Jimmy V Classic at Madison Square Garden
7 Villanova vs Illinois, 7:00
ESPN: Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas, Andy Katz

Seton Hall @ 11 Wichita State, 7:00
ESPN2: Mark Neely, Kara Lawson

IUPUI @ Xavier, 7:00
Fox Sports 1: Joe Davis, Jim Jackson

South Dakota @ Creighton, 9:00
Fox Sports 1: Eric Collins, Nick Bahe
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Bluejay » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:49 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
FlyByNight101 wrote:The Wheat Shockers at home is a tough hill to climb for SH, this will probably be the most hostile crowd they will see all season. (The Shox fans may even find a little extra hate and classlessness for a Creighton conference mate.) If the pirates can take the crowd out of the game early I like the Pirate's chances.

Well I hope you're right about that because one thing the Pirates have done very well this year is get off to fast starts. I think SHU has the talent to beat Wichita State. My concern is it being the first true road game for a team that has almost half of its total minutes being played by freshmen. I'm cautiously optimistic, but would be a lot more confident at home or even on a neutral floor.

I hate everything Wichita with a passion, but they deserve a lot of credit for their home court environment. It is a tough place to play under normal circumstances and ridiculously difficult for the first roadie of the year. Best of luck!
Bluejay

Postby R Jay » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:01 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:

I hate everything Wichita with a passion, but they deserve a lot of credit for their home court environment. It is a tough place to play under normal circumstances and ridiculously difficult for the first roadie of the year. Best of luck!

Agreed Bluejay. If Seton Hall comes out with a W it will certainly have been earned. VanVleet and Baker are studs and will be tough for Sina, Gibbs, and Whitehead on the defensive end. Cotton is pretty good, too.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Hall2012 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:50 pm

I wonder if Kevin Willard gave Greg McDermott a call to see if he has any advice on playing at Wichita State.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby falcon » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:51 pm

Vaya con Dios, Setonia
falcon

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board