Saturday 12-6 Big East Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Saturday 12-6 Big East Games

Postby marquette » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Thanks for the support guys!

And nice work thus far X!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:50 pm

X puts 97 on Bama in 13 point win. Great day for the Big East!
Jet915

Postby hoops22 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:53 pm

Obviously a terrific day for the conference. All the wins were by double digits, except for Butler who won by nine. Top to bottom, the league looks great. As a Johnnies fan, I was especially encouraged by three things today. First was their ability to win on the road in a hostile environment. I thought I heard that today's attendance at Syracuse was the largest for any game played this season. While Syracuse isn't that good this year, winning in the Dome is still an impressive achievement. Second, was they kept their composure after the dust up with Jordan and McCullouch. In the past when this happened someone would throw a punch and there would be ejections and the other team wound up shooting endless free throws. Today they kept their composure and didn't lose sight of the big picture. And third, so often in the past they stay close for 35 minutes and then wilt down the stretch. Today, after leading by nine and then giving it all back and trailing by three, they finished on a 17-2 run. They didn't panic and start with undisciplined, reckless basketball, instead they kept their composure and finished strong. The only minor problem I see, is even if we continue to play well, wins may be tough to come by in January, with the way the rest of the league is playing. While I'm rooting for you now, I hope some of you start cooling down a bit once the New Year gets here.
hoops22

Postby BEX » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:41 pm

Jet915 wrote:X puts 97 on Bama in 13 point win. Great day for the Big East!

Bench had 50. We're still looking for some, any defense. Great day for BE. :D
BEX

Postby REDMEN1415 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:11 am

1999 with Barkley, Bootysy, Artest, Lavar (posterizer) Postell, and Tyrone Grant.

That team went only 7 deep, Grant was our center at 6'7, 6'8 top.
We go 6 deep now, but our center is 6'11
Maybe stewart could be our #7th player.

in 99 we went to the elite 8
REDMEN1415

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:14 am

hoops22 wrote:Obviously a terrific day for the conference. All the wins were by double digits, except for Butler who won by nine. Top to bottom, the league looks great. As a Johnnies fan, I was especially encouraged by three things today. First was their ability to win on the road in a hostile environment. I thought I heard that today's attendance at Syracuse was the largest for any game played this season. While Syracuse isn't that good this year, winning in the Dome is still an impressive achievement. Second, was they kept their composure after the dust up with Jordan and McCullouch. In the past when this happened someone would throw a punch and there would be ejections and the other team wound up shooting endless free throws. Today they kept their composure and didn't lose sight of the big picture. And third, so often in the past they stay close for 35 minutes and then wilt down the stretch. Today, after leading by nine and then giving it all back and trailing by three, they finished on a 17-2 run. They didn't panic and start with undisciplined, reckless basketball, instead they kept their composure and finished strong. The only minor problem I see, is even if we continue to play well, wins may be tough to come by in January, with the way the rest of the league is playing. While I'm rooting for you now, I hope some of you start cooling down a bit once the New Year gets here.

Great coaching job! 8-)
Bill Marsh

Postby BigEast1 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:32 pm

Speaking of St. John's beating Syracuse, what happened to that crazy St. John's fan (SJHooper - Realfan)? Haven't heard a peep from him, was he banned or has he run out of Lavin rants? I say this all in good fun. Great to see another ACC team go down (especially at home) at the hands of a Big East team.
BigEast1

Postby Irishdawg » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:39 pm

Big East is just behind the ACC and Big Ten in terms of conference strength per Pomeroy's website. Big 12 way out in front, SEC a little ways back, and Pac 12 well back of the Big East.

1. Big 12 (.8370)
2. Big Ten (.8096)
3. ACC (.8076)
4. Big East (.7875)
5. SEC (.7614)
6. Pac 12 (.7449)
7. A-10 (.6474)
8. WCC (.6324)
Irishdawg

Postby SJHooper » Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:08 pm

I am not Realfan. I simply have not been around as much because of the posting limit on my account. By the time something goes through that I posted, it's like 3 hours later. It's pointless to post in a forum if it needs to be approved and finally makes it on the page hours later. I may delete my account but not sure yet.

I would not be so fast to say this Cuse team is "not very good". This is a very good Cuse team. We just beat them fair and square. Cuse was ice cold shooting which helped, but there is no doubt in my mind that Cuse will be ranked and tourney bound by season's end. One really impressive thing is that we always shut down Cooney. He gives other teams fits and goes off raining 3's. Our defense has been good enough to neutralize him multiple games.
SJHooper

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board