Big East Conference Player Hater Ball

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Conference Player Hater Ball

Postby HoopDreams » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:05 pm

Butler: Indiana is Chicago's New Jersey (no offense to the Seton Hall fans, who I'm sure resent being compared to Indiana). Also, despite Indy being a reasonably cool city, your campus is in the middle of nowhere, and there isn't even a decent bar around for at least six blocks in any direction from Hinkle. Also, I personally distrust any team that claims to have a "Way."

Most Chicagoans consider Milwaukee to be our New Jersey.
HoopDreams

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby FlyJays » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:16 pm

Butler: Home to the most obnoxious poster on this board. Also home to the most historic consistently-half-empty-arena in college hoops.

Marquette: Real Chili is gross. Stop arguing otherwise.

DePaul: DePauw University will soon be home to better hoops.

St. Johns: The only school capable of achieving consistent mediocrity in the heart of the hoops mecca. Also, Steve Lavin looks like a white-collar criminal.

Seton Hall: Your logo is obnoxiously bad. Also, famous for being the third or fourth most recognizable university New Jersey.

Xavier: You've still never been good enough to get people to pronounce "Xavier" correctly.

Villanova: Easily the most frat-bro campus I've ever visited.

Georgetown: Quickly becoming my least favorite program in the conference. Lack of success breeds contempt?

Providence: The only "college" in the league. That's embarrassing.

Creighton: I cannot utter a single negative word about this university. They do everything right.
FlyJays

Postby notkirkcameron » Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:17 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Kirk, please don't stop. This is hilarious.

Notre Dame: Al McGuire always used to say a Notre Dame grad is someone who will pick his nose in public just to make sure you could see his class ring, and isn't that the God's honest truth. I've always been more a fan of the "How many Domers does it take to screw in a light bulb?" and then pick whatever number X you want, "One to screw it in and X-minus-1 to talk about 'how special it was to screw in a lightbulb at Notre Dame." The romantization never made sense to me. I mean yea college was fun and all but ND's a college; even a good college, but it has hoodies and Phil 101 and drunk easy freshmen and mediocre football like tons of other colleges. What makes them so different? Then I visited the campus in January and I can kind of see the viewpoint now. If all I saw for four years was Notre Dame....and the meth-infested rust belt wasteland that is South Bend and Northern Indiana, where civilization is about 100 miles in any direction, then yea, I'd probably think ND was pretty rad too.

Seton Hall: Honestly, you guys might be the only school in the country that wants to have a rivalry with Rutgers. Apparently it's 3AM at the Rivalry Bar and all the good ones are taken.

The B1G Televenteen Conference: Now with as many NCAA men's basketball champions in the last 25 years as The American!

DePaul: Near the bottom of the conference academically (US News Ranking #121. Only Seton Hall at #128 and St. John's at #152 are lower), second-last in the conference in men's basketball attendance, and let's be real, probably at the bottom since the turnstile count is much...MUCH lower, and six consecutive last place Big East finishes. About the only thing DePaul is good at is "Being in Chicago." That's probably why they're building that arena. Play to your strengths.

Illinois: Honestly, does any other program have as much bragaddocio, with as little to show for it as Illinois? To hear their fans talk you'd think they had a tradition like Wooden's UCLA and are a perennial power, instead of winning 11 of their 17 Big Ten titles before the JFK Assassination, and having not gotten to the second weekend of the NCAA Tournament in almost a decade.
Al McGuire: "What is this?"
Waiter: "Mr. McGuire, that is a cull lobster. Sometimes when the lobsters are in the tank, they fight. This one lost a claw."
Al McGuire: "Well then take this one away and bring me the winner."
notkirkcameron

Postby marquette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:52 pm

FlyJays wrote:
Marquette: Real Chili is gross. Stop arguing otherwise.

HOW DARE YOU?!?!?!
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:36 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:"Georgetown: One of the best commentaries I ever read on Georgetown just said "You know how UConn would give their left nut to get into the ACC, well that's nothing compared to what Georgetown would do if the Ivy League ever so much as winked at them." A university in a neighborhood that willfully insisted on not having a Metro stop in the area to keep out the...you know....undesirable element....that now moans about getting students to basketball games when the stadium sits on top of a Metro station is a tad ironic. "

Too bad absolutely none of that is true.

The Georgetown neighborhood blocking the metro is an urban legend that never actually happened and even if it had how would that be ironic? It's not like the university were the ones in the rumor who blocked the metro, it was the neighbors which the school has no control over. As for Georgetown in the Ivy league, while some on the academic side might bend over backwards, I think the school likes it's position and value athletics too much to do that. And of course the Ivy league would never expand so I don't think Georgetown is sitting around waiting for an invite the way Uconn is.

So there are two criticisms of Georgetown and they're both false? That pretty much tells you all you need to know about how Georgetown fans view themselves. :)
Wizard of Westroads

Postby marquette » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:"Georgetown: One of the best commentaries I ever read on Georgetown just said "You know how UConn would give their left nut to get into the ACC, well that's nothing compared to what Georgetown would do if the Ivy League ever so much as winked at them." A university in a neighborhood that willfully insisted on not having a Metro stop in the area to keep out the...you know....undesirable element....that now moans about getting students to basketball games when the stadium sits on top of a Metro station is a tad ironic. "

Too bad absolutely none of that is true.

The Georgetown neighborhood blocking the metro is an urban legend that never actually happened and even if it had how would that be ironic? It's not like the university were the ones in the rumor who blocked the metro, it was the neighbors which the school has no control over. As for Georgetown in the Ivy league, while some on the academic side might bend over backwards, I think the school likes it's position and value athletics too much to do that. And of course the Ivy league would never expand so I don't think Georgetown is sitting around waiting for an invite the way Uconn is.

So there are two criticisms of Georgetown and they're both false? That pretty much tells you all you need to know about how Georgetown fans view themselves. :)

The fact that dude doesn't get the point of the thread says something too...
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby gosports1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:51 pm

some funny stuff
gosports1

Postby gosports1 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:58 pm

the angry friar!
gosports1

Postby ljay » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Professor_Bulldog wrote:Outside of st johns, I don't think there is a more insecure fan base than Creighton. If Greg McDermott so much as shits on a new toilet, sure enough there's a new thread with 4 pages worth of posts puffing it up, just so everyone else knows that he can shit with the best of them. The thread will then devolve into an endless circle jerk over how great it is that they fill their cookie cutter arena with a bunch of corn fed slobs every night.

Yes, we know you hate Creighton, you've made the point over and over again for over a year. Talk about insecure.

Next topic please.
ljay

Postby handdownmandown » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:41 pm

LOL, when Fly Jays referenced the most obnoxious poster on the board being a Butler supporter I was trying to decide if he meant Professor Bulldog or Edrick. It has to be the latter I would assume but really it could be either.
handdownmandown

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board