BIG EAST vs. FOOTBALL 5

The home for Big East hoops

BIG EAST vs. FOOTBALL 5

Postby redmen9194 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:26 pm

Here we go! We kick it off tomorrow with The Quette visiting Ohio State. The rest of the week through Sunday's games is listed below:

11/18: Marquette at Ohio State
11/19: Oklahoma at Creighton
11/22: Providence vs. Florida State
11/23: Providence vs. Notre Dame

Go Big East!
redmen9194

BIG EAST vs. FOOTBALL 5

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: BIG EAST vs. FOOTBALL 5

Postby adoraz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:30 pm

These are all mid-tier BE teams this year and most of those games are doable. Need to win at least one.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby FlyJays » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:37 pm

adoraz wrote:These are all mid-tier BE teams this year and most of those games are doable. Need to win at least one.

Oklahoma was a top 15-20 team BEFORE they announced TaShawn Thomas was eligible. Now, some feel they could end up in the Final Four. Tall task for the Jays for sure, but it's at the CLink, so we'll see what happens.
FlyJays

Postby Jet915 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:50 pm

2-2 would be a great result.
Jet915

Postby billyjack » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:04 pm

Not sure that Oklahoma is too impressive on the road, and especially with 18,000 opposing fans who are probably worth 6 points right there. Really tough game but I can definitely see Creighton taking this.

Marquette at Ohio State is tough just because of MU adjusting to their new coach.

PC needs to play tighter, smarter defense to beat FSU and Notre Dame. Hopefully we work out kinks vs Binghamton and Navy. And again, the FSU/ND games at Mohegan Sun will be packed with Friar fans.

But yeah, like Jet said, 2-2 would be fine.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

billyjack wrote:Not sure that Oklahoma is too impressive on the road, and especially with 18,000 opposing fans who are probably worth 6 points right there. Really tough game but I can definitely see Creighton taking this.

Marquette at Ohio State is tough just because of MU adjusting to their new coach.

PC needs to play tighter, smarter defense to beat FSU and Notre Dame. Hopefully we work out kinks vs Binghamton and Navy. And again, the FSU/ND games at Mohegan Sun will be packed with Friar fans.

I would be shocked if the ND game didn't have a ton of Irish fans as well.
stever20

Postby marquette » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:49 pm

We will likely only have 8 available for the Ohio State game. Derrick Wilson looks like he will miss due to injury. Not a huge offensive loss, but he can give other PG's a breather. We are running low on warm bodies. There's always a chance, but one more injury could be the nail in our coffin this year.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby stever20 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:57 pm

St John's proves my point on this...

next week- tell me which game means more for St John's....
Minnesota or Gonzaga

It's Gonzaga, and it's not even remotely close.
stever20

Postby adoraz » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:28 pm

FlyJays wrote:
adoraz wrote:These are all mid-tier BE teams this year and most of those games are doable. Need to win at least one.

Oklahoma was a top 15-20 team BEFORE they announced TaShawn Thomas was eligible. Now, some feel they could end up in the Final Four. Tall task for the Jays for sure, but it's at the CLink, so we'll see what happens.

Yeah I know, that's why I said most of them. I think Creighton's game may be the toughest. That said, it's still a very doable game. They will be underdogs, but it's not like it'll be by a double digit margin.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby NJRedman » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:21 pm

stever20 wrote:
billyjack wrote:Not sure that Oklahoma is too impressive on the road, and especially with 18,000 opposing fans who are probably worth 6 points right there. Really tough game but I can definitely see Creighton taking this.

I would be shocked if the ND game didn't have a ton of Irish fans as well.

They wont. Their fan base is in FB. I've been to a bunch of SJU/ND games at MSG and they barely get a fan base to show up.
NJRedman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board