What it would take for each team to be ranked

The home for Big East hoops

Re: What it would take for each team to be ranked

Postby DudeAnon » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:44 pm

I bet Georgetown is ranked, eveeveryone was watching that IU game so they will be fresh in mind of voters.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:01 pm

R Jay wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:
Jet915 wrote:It will be interesting to see if Georgetown gets ranked. Definitely more worthy than TCU and Colorado State but no one in front of Georgetown lost.

Yeah I'm worried. I don't trust the voters at all because they're morons. It's clearly the right thing to rank Georgetown, but I don't trust them to do the right thing at all. Would be huge to have 3 ranked teams going into conference play.

Wait, the "right thing" is having Georgetown ranked? :roll: I think it is the "right thing" to have Creighton ranked, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be.
I mean you want the voters to jump Georgetown over teams that didn't lose this week that they had above Georgetown in the first place?

Um yeah it is and yes I do.

Georgetown has wins over Florida (Kenpom 15) and Indiana (Kenpom 44). Only loses are (4, 16, 35)

TCU's best win is Ole Miss (Kenpom 78) I know that's impressive to a Creighton fan.

Colorado St's best win is Colorado (Kenpom 70). Colorado also had 4 other loses including Wyoming, and Hawaii.

San Diego St's has equally good wins (21, 45) but slightly worse loses (8, 46, 55)

Oklahoma has 3 loses too : 4, 46, and worst of all 76 and best wins are 35 and 59.

Northern Iowa: Best wins are 41 and 58.

Ohio St's best win is #98 Marquette.
hoyahooligan

Postby stever20 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:46 pm

You are acting like voters look that deeply. They never have and never will.
stever20

Postby adoraz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:42 am

Washington with a bad loss to Stony Brook.

After looking at a bunch of ballots on Twitter Georgetown should definitely be ranked tomorrow. I'm guessing #24.
Johnnies
adoraz

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 pm

Hoyas 25th in the AP replacing TCU.
hoyahooligan

Postby Jet915 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:08 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Hoyas 25th in the AP replacing TCU.

Nice, congrats! 3 Big East teams ranked starting conference play is great.
Jet915

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 pm

Jet915 wrote:

I agree I think it's much bigger for the conference than it is for Georgetown. Especially with a tough opener at Xavier. But now if Xavier wins it's a much bigger boost for them perception wise. Now the NYE Marathon has 3 games with ranked teams in them. It's great for the exposure for the league.

Meanwhile the Hoyas only gained 2pts in the coaches poll and fell from 26th to 27th in the coaches poll. SMH. leapfrogged by VCU.
hoyahooligan

Postby stever20 » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:33 pm

Last week was such a static week with not many top teams losing. Really only Washington, and that was so late, probably a lot of voters had already done their ballots.

VCU in all the ratings is a real good team. They play their easiest opponent tonight- #207 Cleveland St. For comparisons sake- they beat Belmont by 27 points.
stever20

Postby gtmoBlue » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:37 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Jet915 wrote:

I agree I think it's much bigger for the conference than it is for Georgetown. Especially with a tough opener at Xavier. But now if Xavier wins it's a much bigger boost for them perception wise. Now the NYE Marathon has 3 games with ranked teams in them. It's great for the exposure for the league.

Meanwhile the Hoyas only gained 2pts in the coaches poll and fell from 26th to 27th in the coaches poll. SMH. leapfrogged by VCU.

Totally agree. Great to have 3 teams ranked to begin Conf play.

Don't think that X can geter done, but could be a good game. Great opportunity for my Jays to spank dat Hoyer _ss at the Verizon though. Another w over a ranked team will definitely be a plus for the Jays. Thanks G'twn.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby MUPanther » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:48 pm

stever20 wrote:You are acting like voters look that deeply. They never have and never will.

Then let's get rid of the polls and use the RPI?
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board