Creighton vs. Sioux Falls exhibition

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Creighton vs. Sioux Falls exhibition

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:58 am

The only question I have is, after these exhibition games, will Butler finish 1st and CU 2nd or the other way around?
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby R Jay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:05 am

Probably a toss up at this point. I think we can pencil in SJU last after their exhibition performance, too.
But seriously, if there is one thing we can take away from this it's that we can still shoot the ball from 3 pt territory and that even though the names have changed, the game plan has not.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby SJHooper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:18 am

Good job guys! Glad to see CU was clicking especially shooting treys which is your specialty. 16k wow…it's awesome to have so many fans joining our conference. Makes it more fun for everyone. I wonder if it's just a diehard fan base or if many come just looking for some entertainment without any pro teams or other options. Not taking away from it at all just curious. Regardless that's great news for the conference!
SJHooper

Postby Bluejay » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:51 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:Sounds like the offense is ahead of where outsiders were expecting, but that the defense is behind where Creighton fans were expecting.

That about sums it up. Most of us were worried that we wouldn't be able to score, but would be better defensively. For this game at lease, the exact opposite was the case. The biggest concern for me is the poor rebounding. It would be pretty funny if the thing we miss most about Doug is his rebounding.
Bluejay

Postby Jet915 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:01 pm

SJHooper wrote:Good job guys! Glad to see CU was clicking especially shooting treys which is your specialty. 16k wow…it's awesome to have so many fans joining our conference. Makes it more fun for everyone. I wonder if it's just a diehard fan base or if many come just looking for some entertainment without any pro teams or other options. Not taking away from it at all just curious. Regardless that's great news for the conference!

Well, 15k of those fans are season ticket holders so mostly diehard I would think.
Jet915

Postby jays911 » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:34 pm

There would have been more fans there if more than 2500 hadn't been rooting on the Jays soccer team at Morrison Stadium. Too bad they couldn't move the starting time for that match.
jays911

Postby SJHooper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:42 pm

Jet915 wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Good job guys! Glad to see CU was clicking especially shooting treys which is your specialty. 16k wow…it's awesome to have so many fans joining our conference. Makes it more fun for everyone. I wonder if it's just a diehard fan base or if many come just looking for some entertainment without any pro teams or other options. Not taking away from it at all just curious. Regardless that's great news for the conference!

Well, 15k of those fans are season ticket holders so mostly diehard I would think.

Didn't even realize that damn. I saw lots of older people at the games too…the entire community really seems to get behind em.
SJHooper

Postby chicagojayfan » Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:33 pm

Nice to see them play again.. there's been a lot of talk from practice, etc., but until you see them on the court in a game (even exhibition), it's tough to draw a read on the team. Quick takes:

- Guards will be the offensive core of the team. We have 4 in the rotation and all of them will play a lot with one of them playing the 3 at times when we go small. They can all pass, can all drive and can all shoot. The first 3, Chatman, Brooks and Zierden can all run the point and whoever has the ball brings it up with the other two on the wing. (Also, compared to last year's exhibition these guys got about twice as many shots per minute... if people were wondering where Wragge and McDermott's shot attempts will go, it's mostly to these 4).

- We have a new stretch 4 who can hit 3's. Hegner is a freshman who is 6-10 and was 3-7 from 3 PT range last night. He's not McDermott, but his height and ability to shoot will keep nice spacing on the court

- We haven't identified the starting center, but we have 2 guys who are very ready to play and another who can add valuable minutes as well.

On the downside, we need Dingman back to be our wing defender, at 6-6 and physical he's a big boost to our overall D and a help on the boards. I think last night was a good start, but there is a lot of work to be done defensively and on the boards. I also think we have a lot of wrinkles to see in the offense that they didn't toss out last night.
chicagojayfan

Postby gtmoBlue » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:35 pm

Damn guys...give 'em your SS#, CC PIN number, and the Porsche keys too. Way too much free info given out. Let these HLH guys and their respective teams find out firsthand about this year's Jays team.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby JohnT » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Wizard of Westroads wrote:Crowd of 16,300 with no giveaways.

I'm not easily impressed but I am freaking blown away by this.
JohnT

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board