What are your giveaways/promotions for games?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: What are your giveaways/promotions for games?

Postby SJHooper » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Our Chris Mullin bobble head night was big. Word spread like wildfire and everyone wanted one. I drove in to go get one, watched the game, drove 45 minutes home only to see that Mullin's leg was broken at the ankle. I was pissed, so I emailed the SJ director in charge of promotions and they apologized, telling me they'd send another to my house for free. I open the box and I see Joe Tartamella's face (our women's coach). I emailed again and said I received the wrong one. They mailed me another box and finally this was a nice fresh Mullin bobble head in good shape. It was really annoying going through all that.
SJHooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby trephin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:36 pm

ha ha ... I was completely imagining a 4'10" nun in a habit with a ruler ready to smack players back to class!
trephin

Postby bmorex » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:44 pm

Xavier's promotion/giveaway schedule for this season: http://www.goxavier.com/sports/m-baskbl ... tions.html
bmorex

Postby Bluejay » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:20 pm

Jet915 wrote:
Bluejay wrote:Much to my chagrin, other than one tshirt a year, Creighton never does giveaways. We did one for the first time last year with Doug McDermott and they only had like 5000 Dougs. With 18000 in attendence day, lots of people went home empty handed.

We do have one tshirt promotion yearly. It is a pink out for cancer awareness and they give you hot pink tshirts. Other than that, promotions are basically nil.

They did do a Kyle Korver bobblehead a few years ago as well and made 10000 of them unlike Doug's which they limited to 3000 and are still a hot item on eBay.

The Korver bobblehead was not a promotional giveaway. Kyle sold the bobbleheads with the money going to support his charitable foundation. IIRC, they cost $20 and Kyle woukd autograph them if you wanted to wait in line.
Bluejay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board