Briscoe Annoucing Next Thursday.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Briscoe Annoucing Next Thursday.

Postby friars321 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:56 pm

1. I do not recall for sure but I think Lavin signed an extention last year. If so- he is safe. If not He is on the hot seat
2. Lavin will be on the hot seat because of all the underachieving. This year, with two bigs already ruled ineligible. They will struggle mightily in the front court. Obekpa foul trouble or Obekpa injury= doom.
3. With the lack of Front court depth, I could easily see SJU tumbling down to the 6-8 range in the conference=Lavin gone
4. Meanwhile, There is no way that ALL the UK kids go pro= therefore Briscoe will likely be looking for another school in the spring. Too bad, him just picking SJU now could possibly save Lavin's job. And by springtime- if Lavin is gone and Briscoe wants a new school..he likely will not end up in the BEAST.

-college athletics and recruiting. If you follow it long enough you will go crazy.
friars321

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Realfan » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:14 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:UK it is...

On the plus side he said if players stick around (like this year) it would change his mind. So sounds like playing time is a big deal.

xavierfano8 wrote:UK it is...

On the plus side he said if players stick around (like this year) it would change his mind. So sounds like playing time is a big deal.

On the bigger plus side, this could mean to the end of the Lavin regime. In the long run this is better for the program. In terms of Briscoe, he would have been a one and done player that would have just prolonged the inevitable, Lavins exit. We all knew that Lavin was a bad coach and a BS artist but recruiting started to go South 2 years ago but the dopes on web sites argued otherwise. What was that all too familiar quote " if there's one thing you can't say against Lavin it's his recruiting", well now it's official, his recruiting SUCKS as well. So now with limited talent we better get a coach in here that CAN coach.

In closing let me repeat again what I have been saying for the last two years...."Lavin will leave this program in far worse shape then he found it". Can anyone really argue that point now?
Realfan

Postby REDMEN1415 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:52 pm

The lowest point of ST. John's was the sex capades in Pitt. It was hard watching that season, but then I was thinking about how rewarding it will be when we're on top again.

Then Norm comes, and all he recruited was 2 and 3 stars and they stunk under him.

Then they hire Lavin. With that hire I got all excited, thought we were back. The first year with Norm's seniors they beat all those top 25 teams and went to the NCAA, and I was saying damn if he could do that with norms kids just imagine what he'll do with his 4 and 5 star recruits.
Well to this date that is the only freaking year that they made the NCAA.

Then this year has been a disaster and it hasn't even started yet. Thomas and ADR are gone. Today IB picks uk so not only will we not get him but now probably Diallo and Sampson won't come either.

WTF will we have next year with the seniors leaving, and possibly Obekpa and Jordan. Oh wait, Lavin will wait until April when he's desperate again for players.

I can't deal with this bs anymore. I was tempted to get off this sinking ship after the ADR incident, but then wanted to wait till IB made his announcement.

Will be back in April when I expect Lavin to be gone.
REDMEN1415

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board