* A note to all Holy Land users *

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Now that the college basketball season is upon us, I expect that traffic and user participation on the Holy Land message board will increase. We thank the vast majority of you for visiting and contributing to the site because you provide excellent insight into your team and the Big East conference. However, there are a notable few who frequently detract from the discussion and we will begin to identify and limit their posting abilities. We would prefer this site be enjoyable for 99% of our visitors rather than allow 100% free unchecked posting.

Please contact me or a moderator with any questions or comments.

We hope you enjoy the basketball season.

-Admin
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: * A note to all Holy Land users *

Postby SJHooper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:13 pm

Understood…but no warning or anything? I find that a bit odd and over the top to take posting privileges away asap without any warnings.
SJHooper

Postby admin » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:27 pm

SJHooper wrote:Understood…but no warning or anything? I find that a bit odd and over the top to take posting privileges away asap without any warnings.

Consider the notice everyone's warning. It's sad to me that we need to impose these measures on a group of adults, but I am open to reinstituting full privileges to everyone who adds to, rather than detracts from, the conversation.
admin
Site Admin

Postby SJHooper » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:04 pm

Well obviously I'm one of the people you are talking about. And my privileges were revoked before a warning was issued. But whatever, I'll go on other forums. It's a sports forum, not a concentration camp.
SJHooper

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:32 pm

Have I told you how good you're looking lately admin? ;)
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby marquette » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:45 pm

Thanks, admin. This is still one of the best boards out there but it has definitely become a bit...congested lately.

@hooper
I can't speak for admin, but it seems like he saying suspensions are the first step. Admin has been more than fair in the past, so I don't think most will really have anything to worry about.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby admin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:41 pm

marquette wrote:Thanks, admin. This is still one of the best boards out there but it has definitely become a bit...congested lately.

@hooper
I can't speak for admin, but it seems like he saying suspensions are the first step. Admin has been more than fair in the past, so I don't think most will really have anything to worry about.

I haven't suspended anyone's ability to post. Instead, certain posters are welcome to visit and contribute but their posts will not show up on the public board until one of the mods approve it. By going this route, everyone continues to have an equal chance to participate, but we can eliminate a significant percentage of negativism.
admin
Site Admin

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:44 pm

admin wrote:
marquette wrote:Thanks, admin. This is still one of the best boards out there but it has definitely become a bit...congested lately.

@hooper

I haven't suspended anyone's ability to post. Instead, certain posters are welcome to visit and contribute but their posts will not show up on the public board until one of the mods approve it. By going this route, everyone continues to have an equal chance to participate, but we can eliminate a significant percentage of negativism.

Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby admin » Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:38 pm

Please re-read the above posts.

It is our hope that that this board will be be entertaining and informative for Big East fans. If you cannot offer your opinion without insulting another poster or a school, please keep it off the board.

-Admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby hoopseinstein23 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Seriously...everybody stop the Shenanigan's and behave or else!!!!!!!!!!!
hoopseinstein23

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board