Big East Preview by MarquetteNation.com

The home for Big East hoops

Postby marquettenation » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:12 pm

Link:

http://marquettenation.com/2014/10/26/big-east-preview-predictions/

Thoughts? Agree, disagree with something? It's my second year covering Marquette for this website. I'm curious to see what you all think about what I predicted.
marquettenation

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Preview by MarquetteNation.com

Postby Amase2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:49 pm

Don't disagree with much of what you wrote but dont know what makes you think that Willard paid Whitehead.
Amase2

Postby MUPanther » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:01 pm

If you want to be taken seriously, that Seton Hall thing on paying recruits, is over the top.
Last edited by MUPanther on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:01 pm

Amase2 wrote:Don't disagree with much of what you wrote but dont know what makes you think that Willard paid Whitehead.

How much does Tiny get paid to be an assistant. That's how much Willard paid to get Whitehead.
hoyahooligan

Postby RDinNY » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:07 pm

This idiot really accused Willard of paying Whitehead. This is journalism? It is one thing for fans to post such irresponsible things on a fan board but it is totally inappropriate in even a blog post. Especially one that tries to look like a legitimate blog.
RDinNY

Postby Amase2 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Amase2 wrote:Don't disagree with much of what you wrote but dont know what makes you think that Willard paid Whitehead.

How much does Tiny get paid to be an assistant. That's how much Willard paid to get Whitehead.

No argument there. And probably very well.
Amase2

Postby marquettenation » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:32 pm

MUPanther wrote:If you want to be taken seriously, that Seton Hall thing on paying recruits, is over the top.

Seems that I placed that joke poorly. Didn't actually mean it, meant it to be read in a joking tone (which is my bad since most of the article is serious). Definitely understand how they could land a recruit like him, props to the SH staff.
marquettenation

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:15 am

If you're looking for feedback on the article, I will be happy to oblige. First you already recognize that the SH comment was just poor all the way around. Secondly you state that the 2014 recruits should not be counted on to contribute for a couple years. Huh? I'm sure Xavier, SH and Gtown specifically will disagree with that. Nova is counting on both of its recruits to step in and play a big role in the team this year. Overall I felt like this was a blog from a fan of another conference--lots of disrespectful slights and unfair criticisms across the board for my liking. I'd give you a D+/C-.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby FlyJays » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:33 am

"9. Creighton - #wheredidyourtalentgo". That's some groundbreaking journalistic analysis. I'm assuming (hoping) that you just didn't look at the teams very closely before tossing that thing together.

BTW, KenPom and T-Rank have the Jays finishing 4th and 3rd, respectively, in the Big East.
FlyJays

Postby Professor_Bulldog » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:53 am

FlyJays wrote:"9. Creighton - #wheredidyourtalentgo". That's some groundbreaking journalistic analysis. I'm assuming (hoping) that you just didn't look at the teams very closely before tossing that thing together.

BTW, KenPom and T-Rank have the Jays finishing 4th and 3rd, respectively, in the Big East.

Chill out man, it's some dudes opinion on the internet.
Butler '13
Professor_Bulldog

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board