Today's Ramblings

The home for Big East hoops

Today's Ramblings

Postby justsay » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:02 am

I've TV surfed the various sports channels and not a lot on representing the BE. I see that Coach K's show on FOX; BC and WFU later today (FOX); I've seen numerous Kentucky BB shows from time to time (FOX); all well and good.
I hope that FOX is the home of the BE.

Commissioner Val I'm sure there discussions about the on air product branding for BE (before and after season).

Remember this is ramblings!

KU gets a lot of attention from the various recruits because their coach is constantly thinking of ways to peak today's youth players interest in taking that step in getting to the pros (ex. 2 day combine). I'm not hating he just being smart taking advantage of how young recruits are thinking to get what he wants.

Commissioner Val what about a BE combine day from from coming to us from NY, Chicago, DC, .. etc. All teams sending x number of players to display their wares before NBA judges. This is what today's highly skilled youths are looking for. Us our edge(FOX).

Think about our recruiting machine that is in place but is not being used (FOX).
Just imagine when a recruits sign with a BE team there would interviews with these newly received assets (also their parents now talking up which ever school) on a weekly hour shows, highlights, signed recruits in the various cities (talking with fans, personal workouts .. etc), examples of how they are going to energize their fan bases... etc. These young people are interested in some of the other prominent programs because of simple exposure. That is what coach Cal is constantly doing trying to come up with his next attention getting idea to get an edge young recruits thinking process. I'm not sure how much can be pumped on tv when a letter of intent is signed on a tv show.

Those possible recruits see things as this and many of them love the exposure (part of the makeup of athletes of today).

I suppose my ramblings point is that we have huge assets but they seem to lay dormant.

Commissioner Val put that smart mind of yours to work.

What about one day of the week the Coach L show, another day C show, another McD show, W,W,W show, P show, M,M show, L show, T show?
justsay

Today's Ramblings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Today's Ramblings

Postby Bill Marsh » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:44 am

Great post!

Just sayin' . . . :D
Bill Marsh

Re: Today's Ramblings

Postby SJHooper » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:06 am

Honestly that's a great idea. Feature a different coach each show. I don't know why they can't get something like "Big East Recruiting Files" on air with an expert talking about potential commitments, signings, visits, interest, etc. for each team. Talk to their HS coaches, talk to their parents. When players commit, interview the coach about the recruit he just got. Interview the player who just signed. Like a press conference. Two hosts can debate the impact they will have or will not have. And then as was mentioned above, they can have a combine show. It would be cool for all the different fans to see various Big East NBA prospects doing drills like shooting, running, jumping, etc. Not only would this build exposure but it would also build hype. Right now most fan bases only have a small percentage of those who really follow recruiting and know who the good recruits are. This show would make recruits into household names.

If we can be this inventive, why can't Val? I know it's not as simple as I made it seem but I wonder if it was proposed.
SJHooper

Return to Big East basketball message board