SI Preview

The home for Big East hoops

Re: SI Preview

Postby stever20 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:45 pm

You can say that about SMU- but that has nothing to do about lack of parity like you said.

Also my point was I would much prefer to have a final standings like the AAC's. Give me 3-5 being stronger and 6-8 being weaker. Look at how much it took for SMU to get knocked out last year finishing at 12-6. If they win any of those 3 games- they are in . If the Big East had those final standings- we get 5 in as locks, and if Georgetown had been 6th at 8-10- would have been 17-13 and given they had 3 wins against teams at 10-8- if those teams had been 12-6 they would have meant a whole lot more...

And ok lets play Xavier beats Creighton. That makes the BE final Xavier/PC. If Xavier wins they are out of the PIG- but PC is likely out. If PC wins- think X is still in the PIG due to the head to head losses with Tennessee and Iowa. They would have had to pass Nebraska. No lock there. Oh and Creighton would have dropped from a 3 seed to a 4 quite possibly(which may have been a good thing when you think about it- avoid Baylor- maybe see Saint Louis instead).
stever20

Re: SI Preview

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board