Big East Media Day Thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Media Day Thread

Postby Amase2 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:50 pm

xman wrote:How on earth was DSR voted player of the year?

Is it that hard to imagine? There is about 3-4 who could have got it and he is one of them.

The real head scratcher is how on earth did Darrun Hilliard not make the 1st team?
Amase2

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby SJHooper » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:54 pm

Lol…
SJHooper

Postby Freshjive2103 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 am

notkirkcameron wrote:
Freshjive2103 wrote:DePaul in last place???? What are the odds of that?

What's more surprising is that DePaul has 12 points in the preseason poll. That means not every coach picked them to finish last.

I would really like to know who did not vote them as last.
Freshjive2103

Postby notkirkcameron » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:57 am

SJHooper wrote:Lol…

Somewhere off camera, there's a parks maintenance worker going "UGGGGGH I JUST CLEANED ALL THE BIRDSHIT OFF THAT BENCH!"
Al McGuire: "What is this?"
Waiter: "Mr. McGuire, that is a cull lobster. Sometimes when the lobsters are in the tank, they fight. This one lost a claw."
Al McGuire: "Well then take this one away and bring me the winner."
notkirkcameron

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:06 am

Here's a good read on Kevin Willard's thoughts on the state of the conference, relationship between the coaches, etc.

http://www.southorangejuice.com/2014/10/22/7042373/2014-big-east-media-day

It's nice to hear that all 10 guys are about the good of the conference just as much as they're about the good of their respective programs, but I wonder how far this really goes. He says they're all "helping each other out," but how much/in what ways? For example, if Briscoe does the expected and eliminates SHU from his list this weekend, does Willard give him one more call/text/email/whatever to give him little Big East push for St. John's?
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby Noonzy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:14 am

I'd like to believe he would. Why not try to steer a recruit to another BE school. The more talent in the conference help all teams.
Providence College
Noonzy

Postby Hall2012 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:51 pm

Noonzy wrote:I'd like to believe he would. Why not try to steer a recruit to another BE school. The more talent in the conference help all teams.

I agree. And our conference seems to be in a good place with the coaches recognizing that. The old Big East was more dog-eat-dog / every team for himself. The new, smaller conference seems to be more "all for one" (at least for the first few seasons until we build this league up to where it belongs and really start to hate each other.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby SJHooper » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:36 pm

notkirkcameron wrote:
SJHooper wrote:Lol…

Somewhere off camera, there's a parks maintenance worker going "UGGGGGH I JUST CLEANED ALL THE BIRDSHIT OFF THAT BENCH!"

Hahaha…I just got a funny idea of a new Sports Center commercial. Have a birdwatcher in Central Park and have those 3 sitting in a tree. "Right there is the rare Creighton Blue Jay! There's a Johnny Thunderbird…and look, a Marquette Golden Eagle! Wow!"…then the camera pans back to the birdwatcher covered in bird crap. "This is Sports Center".
SJHooper

Postby Barley » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:36 am

Amase2 wrote:

Is it that hard to imagine? There is about 3-4 who could have got it and he is one of them.

The real head scratcher is how on earth did Darrun Hilliard not make the 1st team?

We don't get to see the actual votes but I think it was unexpected for DSR. I'd guess it's likely due to Nova guys splitting votes. Maybe DSR got 4, Pinkston 3, Hilliard 2...
Barley

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:51 am

Barley wrote:
Amase2 wrote:

We don't get to see the actual votes but I think it was unexpected for DSR. I'd guess it's likely due to Nova guys splitting votes. Maybe DSR got 4, Pinkston 3, Hilliard 2...

I've always been impressed with DSR. In the old Big East his clutch shooting killed UConn, games I got to see in person because I live close to UConn. The kid is the real dea. With Starks gone, it's his team and he will be the star.
Bill Marsh

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board