The home for Big East hoops

Re: Best Case / Worse Case

Postby gosports1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:15 pm

Obviously a Nat Champ would be best case, but more realistically i'd say

BEST CASE
BE regular season champ or repeat as tourny champ
advance to sweet 16

WORST CASE

More injuries or suspensions to key players, 2nd half finish in BE standings. Failure to advance to post season
gosports1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 pm

gosports1 wrote:Obviously a Nat Champ would be best case, but more realistically i'd say

BEST CASE
BE regular season champ or repeat as tourny champ
advance to sweet 16

WORST CASE

More injuries or suspensions to key players, 2nd half finish in BE standings. Failure to advance to post season

I agree with you gosports... if we avoid more injuries and suspensions, I can see some major gains... while on the flip side, I can also easily see a couple of stumbles and no postseason...

Huge games for PC and the Big East when we play Florida State, Notre Dame and Miami of Florida, among others...

FSU and ND games are at Mohegan Sun, just over the border in Connecticut, so big advantage for us... the Miami (Fla) game is at Barclays, so hopefully we get local Brooklyn fans on our side. The Kentucky game is at Rupp, so we're playing with house money there. BC game is on the road, but our fans will outnumber "BC Superfans"... URI and UMass games are at the Dunk.
Providence
billyjack

Postby mpwalsh8 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:17 am

I like Villanova's team this year but unlike last year, they won't sneak up on anyone this year.

Best Case: Regular Season and Tournament Big East Championship, Final 4
Worst Case: 3rd - 4th place finish in BigEast, first round BE tourney exit, first weekend exit from NCAA tourney.
Expected: 2nd place BE regular season, BE final game but not championship. Sweet 16 or Elite 8 in tournament.

I view not getting to the Sweet 16 this year as underachieving. Anything better than Sweet 16 is gravy as a lot of it depends on match ups.

FWIW - Jay Wright was asked by Andy Katz who to expect to challenge for the BE title and after mentioning GU, XU, and Providence, he spent most of the time talking about St. John's: http://www.vuhoops.com/2014/10/19/7008911/andy-katz-interview-w-jay-wright
mpwalsh8

Postby Irishdawg » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:49 am

Butler:

Best case - check clears, University is a couple million richer
Worst case - check doesn't clear or isn't received, sadness ensues.

Serious version

Best case - top 5 finish, NCAA/NIT berth and make it a couple rounds
Worst case - dead last
Irishdawg

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board