Thanks to everyone for joining

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Thanks to everyone for joining

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:51 am

Thanks for setting this up...I'm not usually on sports boards, but it is nice to have a somewhat central location to try and keep up with the changes. Hopfully I can add some unique perspective as well...I was a non-revenue sport athlete for Nova (swimming '05), so I know how things kinda run for all those 'other' sports aling for this ride.

Also, life long Nova, Big 5, and college ball fan...my parents were there in 71 for that National Finals run.
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:11 pm

I really do want to say thanks to all the people who have helped this board become so interesting and enjoyable. We set it up just before Christmas and it's been a lot of fun to see fans of the different schools interact.

I would like to make a request of the visitors to this site, particularly those from Creighton, Dayton, and SLU - Please post a new thread on your school message board inviting all of your fan brethren to join us here now to discuss this exciting news. Like you all, I am certainly hopeful for an announcement soon.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Postby SixTwentySix » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:26 pm

And we thank you Admin guy!
Villanova
SixTwentySix

Postby BostonFriar11 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:34 pm

Seconding that. Admin has been fantastic setting up this community. Also have to give an amazing amount of credit to everyone on the board so far- lots of great discussion, no terrifying lapses into hate. Nice to see a relatively brotherly message board.
Providence 2011 - Long Live Huxley 299!
BostonFriar11

Postby admin » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:42 pm

BostonFriar11 wrote:Seconding that. Admin has been fantastic setting up this community. Also have to give an amazing amount of credit to everyone on the board so far- lots of great discussion, no terrifying lapses into hate. Nice to see a relatively brotherly message board.

I should mention that as we grow I am going to need the assistance of a couple of volunteers to moderate the board. I would also like to have someone who could help us with PR to the other boards. We have no intention to create separate school boards within this board so I want to make it very clear that we do not see ourselves as competitors with the school boards. Our hope would be to work with them rather than oppose them.
admin
Site Admin

Postby yorost » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:51 am

admin wrote:
BostonFriar11 wrote:Seconding that. Admin has been fantastic setting up this community. Also have to give an amazing amount of credit to everyone on the board so far- lots of great discussion, no terrifying lapses into hate. Nice to see a relatively brotherly message board.

We have no intention to create separate school boards within this board so I want to make it very clear that we do not see ourselves as competitors with the school boards. Our hope would be to work with them rather than oppose them.

I like this idea for the forum, this is a great place so far.

Not sure it's your kind of thing, but you might post a sticky thread explaining your goals and wishes for the forum.
yorost

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board