'14-'15 Non Conference Schedules

The home for Big East hoops

Postby wildjays » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:45 pm

Since it is the offseason, it is always fun to track the non-conference schedules and see them come together. I have been compiling what I have at this point. All 10 teams are in Exempt tourneys this upcoming season

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?page_id=293

Anyone have any other games to add?

For fun, I have taken a look at Creighton's non-conference schedule for next season.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=29387
wildjays

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: '14-'15 Non Conference Schedules

Postby Jet915 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:51 pm

I think Seton Hall just signed a 1 for 1 with USF (I'm assuming because of the Antigua connection, otherwise, this series is a lose lose IMO). Also, that Wooden Legacy tournament that Xavier is in really stinks.
Jet915

Postby flyerlax06 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:53 pm

Providence College '10
flyerlax06

Postby muskienick » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Jet915 wrote:I think Seton Hall just signed a 1 for 1 with USF (I'm assuming because of the Antigua connection, otherwise, this series is a lose lose IMO). Also, that Wooden Legacy tournament that Xavier is in really stinks.

Despite the supposed quality of XU's six new players for next season, I suspect one of the two reasons it is playing in the Wooden Tourney is to give the coaching staff further time to get the players acclimated to the Xavier system (and to college life and the D-1 college game). The other reason is that there was already another Big East team in the other Tourney in which they were earlier scheduled to play. Xavier had already received an exemption to play in last year's exempt Tourney that had a Big East team in it which, without such an exemption, is prohibited by the NCAA. Some saw getting exemptions two years in a row as a possible long-shot.
muskienick

Postby 1989Pirate » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 pm

Jet915 wrote:I think Seton Hall just signed a 1 for 1 with USF (I'm assuming because of the Antigua connection, otherwise, this series is a lose lose IMO). Also, that Wooden Legacy tournament that Xavier is in really stinks.

Yes. Seton Hall just signed a home and deal starting @ USF next season.
Go Pirates!
1989Pirate

Postby NJRedman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 pm

Can we just get the list so I don't have to read the whole article? hahaha
NJRedman

Postby flyerlax06 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:37 am

NJRedman wrote:

I spent a lot of time writing that article so maybe you could just click the link and skim through. Hell even do a ctrl+f and look for St. John's or Johnnies.

Providence College '10
flyerlax06

Postby ChelseaFriar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:46 am

PC is locked in with games vs. Notre Dame and Florida State for the tournament at Mohegan Sun. It is not a bracketed tournament.

Road:
Kentucky
Boston College

Home:
Rhode Island
UMass

Neutral:
Notre Dame
Florida State

Rumor is they are working at a road game at Michigan but it has not been finalized (Michigan would return the following year). We will also play two other teams from the Mohegan tournament at home. Will likely play Brown and/or Bryant but have to wait and see on that.
ChelseaFriar

Postby shupirate98 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:20 am

Seton Hall also has a home game against Mercer. And while it's not been officially announced (because who would care enough to announce such a thing) we'll also have a home game vs. St. Peter's because we always have a home game vs. St. Peter's.

And now you can add a home game vs George Washington.
shupirate98

Postby NJRedman » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:40 pm

flyerlax06 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

I spent a lot of time writing that article so maybe you could just click the link and skim through. Hell even do a ctrl+f and look for St. John's or Johnnies.

Why would I look for St. John's in an article about Providences non-conference schedule? I clicked on this thread to see who was on everyones non-con slate, not to read an in depth article about Providence.
NJRedman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board