When does the real smack begin

The home for Big East hoops

Postby justsay » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:40 am

I know everyone wants the BET and league to represent well; with that being said I as well want as many BE teams in the dance and to represent the beast. But also the gatherings at the tourney parties; sending of emails; the bragging and "can't wait to see your face" conversations all comes from rivalries. Rivalries come from "competition" dislike; At some point all this bad for league talk, expansion talk, what does the league do next talk ... etc , need to give way to real sports talk; the talk that have gone for ages about my team is better that your team; the talk that get groups together. It's to be cordial and warm and fuzzy for a while. I'm a GU fan and we got downed by DePaul. In other words "WHEN IS THE SMACK GOING TO START". We 10 are all here together now let's get this thing going. GU is to dog DU by 20 the next time they get together.

The point of this is that rivalries brings crowds and attention; crowds bring the buzz; the buzz brings coverage and media attention; all this brings others who want to get involved. That is how this grows.
justsay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: When does the real smack begin

Postby taa71458 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:09 pm

Xavier sucks
taa71458

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:17 pm

I really flipping hate Creighton and the sanctimonious attitude that some of their fans project
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby HuskyMuskie » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:27 pm

taa71458 wrote:Xavier sucks

While I humbly disagree with your opinion, I NEED one of those koozies.
HuskyMuskie

Postby ivet » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

I'm conflicted. I'm pissed off at DePaul for beating us preventing us from getting in but then again, I went to that school. I'm starting to resent St.Johns because of Lavinwood/SJhooper.
ivet

Postby Xudash » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Georgetown and Butler have a mascot that is fat, short, pan-faced ugly, drools and snorts like most of their fan bases, is inbred (which also is true for the Huckleberry's from Indiana), and otherwise is a waste of oxygen.

Expecting to read that Xavier has an effeminate swashbuckling Frenchman as a mascot in 3, 2, 1...

Actually, this is a great thread. I sense there is plenty of juice already in existence between the C7. It's just that you guys had to pull together to get out from underneath what had become a bad situation with some football schools.

If we stay at 10, the real smack will begin in a couple years, IMO. Xavier and Butler enjoy some of that now, but I see Xavier and Marquette absolutely falling in love with each other. What I can't see at this point is Creighton having many flamethrowers pointed in its direction. Same with DePaul for a while, but for different reasons.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby FlyByNight101 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:34 pm

Xudash wrote: What I can't see at this point is Creighton having many flamethrowers pointed in its direction. Same with DePaul for a while, but for different reasons.

I promise, we will try our best to make you hate us - I have some WSU boards you can visit for some pointers. :D
FlyByNight101

Postby notkirkcameron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:34 pm

DePaul sucks so bad it's not even fun beating them anymore (MU 35-7 in the last 42 games vs. DePaul).

If last night was any guide, Marquette-Xavier is going to be CHIPPY in a year or two.
Al McGuire: "What is this?"
Waiter: "Mr. McGuire, that is a cull lobster. Sometimes when the lobsters are in the tank, they fight. This one lost a claw."
Al McGuire: "Well then take this one away and bring me the winner."
notkirkcameron

Postby xu1990 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:47 pm

The problem with hating Creighton is that everybody in Omaha is so damn nice and wanting you to have a good time, they're very difficult to dislike. Same thing to a lesser extent around the Midwest.

X and Butler have a nice little rivalry formed over the last 10 years or so but I actually think X v Marquette is going to be the slugfest I enjoy seeing develop over the next decade. So screw those cheese eaters in Milwaukee!! (although again, damn it, it's hard to dislike Buzz)
xu1990

Postby TrueBlueJay » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:50 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:I really flipping hate Creighton and the sanctimonious attitude that some of their fans project

Why don't you make up your mind on which team you are going to root for you flip flopping son of a beotch!

Davis may hit the roof of MSG if he keeps trying to throw in those rain making threes...and what did Stainbrook do when he was hurt, eat nothing but these all day?

He must have put on 30 lbs!

This is all in jest.
Last edited by TrueBlueJay on Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrueBlueJay

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board