If the Big East was Game of Thrones

The home for Big East hoops

Postby NJRedman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:33 pm

http://friarblog.com/2014/02/10/if-the- ... ign=buffer

Saw this little diddy on twitter and thought I'd share for my fellow GoT/BE fans.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: If the Big East was Game of Thrones

Postby BleedBlueHoya » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:07 pm

I just started reading GOT so I'm unfamiliar with all of the names but thanks for sharing. That's pretty cool! As a Hoya fan and alum I don't like being associated with House Lannister. I have no love for those Lannisters. But we were once called the Hated Hoyas so I get it.
BleedBlueHoya

Postby admin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:15 pm

It's the offseason still, so I figured I'd resuscitate a mnay years old thread.

Is Jamie Lannister dead?

Discuss.
admin
Site Admin

Postby NJRedman » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:46 am

I saw this thread and was like "oh that looks neat, who posted this...? Ah it was me."

hahaha do not remember this at all.
NJRedman

Postby jaxalum » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:53 am

NJRedman wrote:I saw this thread and was like "oh that looks neat, who posted this...? Ah it was me."

That's a very entertaining, clever writeup. I'm assuming you've read the books? I picked up Game of Thrones randomly 17 years ago, and destroyed the three that were out. WTF happened then with Martin's writing "process". To go five years and six years between his next two books vexed me. My vexation knew no bounds. In that time period, James Patterson published 279 books, followed by Dean Koonts at 161. It will be interesting to see how different Martins last two books are compared to the HBO series.

My advice to anyone that wants to get into this whole phenomenon is to read the books first (they are long but as addictive as crack), and then you will have 80 plus episodes/hours of ridiculously awesome, Grade A, quality couch time. And to the skeptics, I'm not usually into stuff like this, but it's not anything near a cheesy dungeons and dragons rip off. This is very much for adult eyes only, and is essentially just a master piece of storytelling. And yes, I have some sic fi nerdish tendencies.

NJRedman, have you been watching the series?
Last edited by jaxalum on Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:02 am

jaxalum wrote:
NJRedman wrote:I saw this thread and was like "oh that looks neat, who posted this...? Ah it was me."

That's a very entertaining, clever writeup. I'm assuming you've read the books? I picked up Game of Thrones randomly 17 years ago, and destroyed the three that were out. WTF happened then with Martin's writing "process". To go five years and six years between his next two books vexed me. My vexation knew no bounds. In that time period, James Patterson published 279 books, followed by Dean Koonts at 161. It will be interesting to see how different Martins last two books are compared to the HBO series.

My advice to anyone that wants to get into this whole phenomenon is to read the books first (they are long but as addictive as crack), and then you will have 80 plus episodes/hours of ridiculously awesome, Grade A, quality couch time. And to the skeptics, I'm not usually into stuff like this, but it's not anything near a cheesy dungeons and dragons rip off. This is very much for adult eyes only, and is essentially just a master piece of storytelling. It's more Dickens than Tolkien.

NJRedman, have you been watching the series?

I'm the last person who would get into dragons and magic, but have become a GOT crackhead, as you put it. I'm currently rereading the first book since I'm having trouble remembering stuff that's coming home to roost now. For all the magic crap and beheadings, at its heart it is about story telling and character development.

And I don't think Martin will ever finish writing, he's gone off the rails with comic conventions and advising the TV show. He struck gold with the first three books and completely lost his way.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby xusandy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:08 pm

Wild prediction: Jaime Lannister is alive, but badly injured, and he will find his way to his brother Tyrion's side, where he'll be instrumental in getting House Lannister aligned with Jon and Danerys in next season's climactic battles against the Ice King. Just hopin.....
xusandy

Postby admin » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:14 am

admin wrote:It's the offseason still, so I figured I'd resuscitate a mnay years old thread.

Is Jamie Lannister dead?

Discuss.

Well we had our answer within 10 seconds last night. Not unexpected, I suppose. I wish the white walkers were gone just so we could get down to the Iron Throne business, but that's just me.
admin
Site Admin

Return to Big East basketball message board