Big East Links

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East Links

Postby anXUfan » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:18 am

Please let me know of any links that should be updated. I try to do some cleanup about this time each year.
anXUfan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby wildjays » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:33 pm

Apparently this DePaul site is shutting down.

http://bluedemonsnation.com/
wildjays

Postby anXUfan » Sat Nov 28, 2020 6:51 pm

I’d like to bring this current. Please let me know what the best links are for your school, the conference, or college basketball in general. If they are behind a paywall please indicate as much.
anXUfan

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:13 am

Founded • University Website • Wikipedia Link • Type • Motto

1789Georgetown UniversityGeorgetown University • Jesuit • "Utraque Unum" • (Both into One)

1831 Xavier UniversityXavier University • Jesuit • "Vidit Mirabilia Magna" • (He has seen great wonders)

1842Villanova UniversityVillanova University • Augustinian • "Veritas, Unitas, Caritas" • (Truth, Unity, Charity)

1855Butler UniversityButler University • Private • "Education, Research, Service"

1856Seton Hall UniversitySeton Hall University • Diocesan • "Hazard Zet Forward" • (Despite hazards, move forward)

1870 St. John's UniversitySt. John's University • Vincentian • "Educatio Christiana Animae Perfectio" • (Christian education perfects the soul)

1878 Creighton UniversityCreighton University • Jesuit • [No school motto]

1881Marquette UniversityMarquette University • Jesuit • "Numen Flumenque" • (God and the (Mississippi) River)

1881Univ. of ConnecticutUniv. of ConnecticutPublic • [No school motto]

1898 DePaul UniversityDePaul University • Vincentian • "Viam sapientiae monstrabo tibi" • (I will show you the way of wisdom)

1917 Providence CollegeProvidence College • Dominican • "Veritas" • (Truth)

All non-English mottos are in Latin, with the single exception of Seton Hall’s motto, which Wikipedia lists as (Norman French/English).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------ Related: Men’s Basketball homepage - Big East.com ------------ Big East Conference - Wikipedia ------------ College Rankings – Niche -------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby gtmoBlue » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:28 pm

Creighton Mission page.

https://www.creighton.edu/about/mission
https://www.creighton.edu/about/what-jesuit-education

Motto: "People for and with others": Alii In Homines Nam et.
I would suppose taken from Ignatian values -see mission page link below. (Men and Women For and With Others: "Cum alii nam et viris mulieribus" Loosely, from the Mission page.)

Google search: Showing results for creighton university motto
As a Jesuit university Creighton's motto is "People for and with others" meaning the education is structured toward making students into compassionate, morally driven people.

Unigo
https://www.unigo.com/colleges/creighto ... 0people%20.

The hallmarks of an interdisciplinary Jesuit education are the Ignatian charisms, or values. We consider these God-given gifts that our graduates bring to the world.

They are:

Finding God in All Things: This is the essence of Ignatian spirituality. Ignatius of Loyola taught others to experience life attuned to God’s activity in everyday circumstances. Finding God in all things is an invitation to encounter God’s presence in each moment, to become aware of God’s beauty in everything, and to notice God’s action in all the events of our lives through an ongoing process of personal discernment. As such, every academic discipline provides hope to encounter the divine.

Cura Personalis: Latin meaning “care for the person”, or “personal care”. Cura personalis is having concern and care for the personal development of the “whole person”, and dedication to promoting human dignity. This includes being open to and accepting of a person’s religious and spiritual development. It also describes the type of care we give as educators: we give not only of our knowledge, expertise and skill, but of ourselves as well. The care given, and the care received, is “personal care” not “institutionalized care”.

Magis: Latin meaning “more”, or “the greater good”. Magis embodies the idea of discerning, “What is the best choice in a given situation, of several good choices, to better glorify or serve the Lord?”; e.g. choosing between options encountered in life with a primary focus of being “God centered”. Magis goes beyond striving for excellence. It is a value central to Ignatian spirituality and encompassed by the Latin phrase “Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam” meaning “For the Greater Glory of God”. (Motto of the Society of Jesus).

Men and Women For and With Others: "Cum alii nam et viris mulieribus" A spirit of giving, service, and solidarity with those in need, recognizing that all humans have physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. Our goal, as described by Father Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, S.J., a former Superior General of the Society of Jesus, is to form leaders who are “men and women of competence, conscience and compassionate commitment.”

Faith That Does Justice: Faculty, staff and students alike are encouraged to seek justice for all God’s creatures, especially the poor and marginalized. According to the Gospel, our goal is to work for the betterment of society as a whole. We strive to prepare graduates who will be change agents in society, “contemplatives in action.”
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby DanofXav76 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:05 am

anXUfan wrote:I’d like to bring this current. Please let me know what the best links are for your school, the conference, or college basketball in general. If they are behind a paywall please indicate as much.

So appreciate these links XUFan. I use them quite a bit. For St. Johns it looks like:
redmen.com/forum.html is no longer good.
They seem to have moved to Red.fans/quad
This probably isn't the complete information you need to update, but hope it's enough to get you started.
DanofXav76

Postby DanofXav76 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:05 am

anXUfan wrote:I’d like to bring this current. Please let me know what the best links are for your school, the conference, or college basketball in general. If they are behind a paywall please indicate as much.

So appreciate these links XUFan. I use them quite a bit. For St. Johns it looks like:
redmen.com/forum.html is no longer good.
They seem to have moved to Red.fans/quad
This probably isn't the complete information you need to update, but hope it's enough to get you started.
DanofXav76

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board