your top players

The home for Big East hoops

your top players

Postby friars321 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

With the recent top 25 BE player article; there are differences in how players are rated. I thought this may be an interesting exercise to continue to get familiar with the teams. Here are some categories; just list the player from your team that you think fits the description. (I did it as a PC fan)

Best Player: Bryce Cotton
Most talented Player/NBA Potential: Kris Dunn
Most underrated: K. Batts
Most Overrated: L. Henton (really good player, but can be overrated if you only look at the stats he puts up)
Team Leader: Batts
friars321

your top players

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: your top players

Postby billyjack » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 pm

friars321 wrote:With the recent top 25 BE player article; there are differences in how players are rated. I thought this may be an interesting exercise to continue to get familiar with the teams. Here are some categories; just list the player from your team that you think fits the description. (I did it as a PC fan)

Most Overrated: L. Henton (really good player, but can be overrated if you only look at the stats he puts up)

Great thread idea. I agree with your list of Friars.
We could also add: "Rookie To Watch", which for us would be Brandon Austin I'd say.
Also, "Lunch Pail Guy", which could be Rajay Bullock.
Providence
billyjack

Postby aughnanure » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:47 pm

Ok, I'll play.

Best Player: Davante Gardner
Most Talented Player/NBA Potential: I guess JaJuan Johnson. Jamil Wilson is up there too.
Most Underrated: Steve Taylor
Most Overrated: Could put any of the freshman here, but that's a cop-out. Jamil Wilson (can disappear from games at times and often plays too soft inside imo).
Team Leader: Jamil Wilson
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:57 pm

For butler I'd say

Best Player: Roosevelt Jones
NBA Potential: Kellen Dunham by the time he's a senior I suppose
Underrated: Kam Woods. I'm looking for him to have a breakout year
Overrated: Khyle Marshall. he puts up pretty good stats but he seems to go missing when they really need him.
Leader: Roosevelt Jones or Eric Fromm who seems to have taken the role of senior leader as well
Rookie to watch: Rene Castro/Elijiah Brown. Butler will need one of them to contribute this season
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby aughnanure » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:35 pm

Bulldog_Muskie wrote:For butler I'd say

Overrated: Khyle Marshall. he puts up pretty good stats but he seems to go missing when they really need him.
Leader: Roosevelt Jones or Eric Fromm who seems to have taken the role of senior leader as well
Rookie to watch: Rene Castro/Elijiah Brown. Butler will need one of them to contribute this season

Isn't Jones out for the season?
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby ChelseaFriar » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:43 pm

billyjack wrote:
friars321 wrote:With the recent top 25 BE player article; there are differences in how players are rated. I thought this may be an interesting exercise to continue to get familiar with the teams. Here are some categories; just list the player from your team that you think fits the description. (I did it as a PC fan)

Great thread idea. I agree with your list of Friars.
We could also add: "Rookie To Watch", which for us would be Brandon Austin I'd say.
Also, "Lunch Pail Guy", which could be Rajay Bullock.

Not sure I can comment on Bullock at this point. You see Bullock getting solid minutes? I don't know much of anything about him other than his recruiting ranking (which was average). Cooley has been known to land under the radar guys at both PC and BC, but I feel like Bullock will find minutes hard to come by this year at PF with Batts, Henton, Goldsbrough and Derosiers sharing minutes at Center and PF. Harris could even play some PF if we go small. That said, I have faith in Cooley that Bullock will be a solid 4 year player.
ChelseaFriar

Postby Mufan15 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:14 pm

Best Player: Davante Gardner
Most talented Player/NBA Potential: Jamil Wilson
Most underrated: Chris Otule/Derrick Wilson
Most Overrated: Todd Mayo
Team Leader: Jamil Wilson

And I'll add a new category

Candidate for breakout year: Juan Anderson
Mufan15

Postby handdownmandown » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Creighton doesn't have any top players.
handdownmandown

Postby MUBoxer » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:45 pm

handdownmandown wrote:Creighton doesn't have any top players.

Definitely not. I mean when you have to rely on a walk on that says a lot
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:50 pm

aughnanure wrote:
Bulldog_Muskie wrote:For butler I'd say

Isn't Jones out for the season?

Yes! I was just saying that he is our best player regardless. If I were to exclude him I'd say Dunham or Marshall
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board