CBS previews the Big East

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Dew » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:29 am

Here's a link but its from my phone so I'm sorry if it doesn't work. One of the better previews I've seen.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on- ... s-big-east
Dew

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBS previews the Big East

Postby marquette » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:44 am

Nope, wrong. They're all Marquette homers. No way we finish in the top half. We are rebuilding this year, probably shouldn't even expect to make the NCAA tourney. Too many freshman, lost all our good players, etc. lol.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:45 am

marquette wrote:Nope, wrong. They're all Marquette homers. No way we finish in the top half. We are rebuilding this year, probably shouldn't even expect to make the NCAA tourney. Too many freshman, lost all our good players, etc. lol.

I think you just covered every possible reply. Well done.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby xu1990 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 am

Seems pretty fair as far as X is concerned. I think a shot at the tournament is realistic this year, and should be expected next year.
xu1990

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:03 pm

marquette wrote:Nope, wrong. They're all Marquette homers. No way we finish in the top half. We are rebuilding this year, probably shouldn't even expect to make the NCAA tourney. Too many freshman, lost all our good players, etc. lol.

We picked your team to win the conference in the HolyLand poll. What more do want? That we think you are a lock for the Final 4?
Go Nova
Dave

Postby Westbrook36 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:38 pm

I'd bet every fan of every team in the top 7 in this league could make some sarcastic post of this sort about where they were/are predicted to finish. Like it or not it's a very balanced league this year. At least your on top.
Villanova
Westbrook36

Postby marquette » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:06 pm

Alright, I may have over-indulged in the validation. However, it's nice to have considering recent threads. We've all been a little on edge recently, the season needs to start already.

And for whatever it's worth, I think the separation between spots 1-5 are closer than spots 1-2 in most conferences. We all have very good teams.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby SJU87 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:38 pm

One writer had Butler finishing ahead of St. John's. Ain't happening. And St. John's has 4 new players, not one. Orlando Sanchez is a monster and many think he's more talented then Jakarr Sampson who won the Big East Rookie of the year. Then there's Rasheed Jordon, a 5 star player, not 4. Then God's Gift Achua who was solid in his first year at St. John's. Then finally we have a sharpshooting 3 point shooter in Max Hooper. St. John's needed a point guard like Jordon and they got one, they got the forwards they need now and the 3 point threat. And Harrison will be more focused. The new Big East is shaping up very nicely.
SJU87

Postby aughnanure » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:43 pm

Dave wrote:

We picked your team to win the conference in the HolyLand poll. What more do want? That we think you are a lock for the Final 4?

It wasn't unanimous :cry:
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby Dave » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:45 pm

aughnanure wrote:
Dave wrote:

It wasn't unanimous :cry:

And you'll probably finish 2nd or 3rd, just because you're the favorite.
Go Nova
Dave

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board