Big East Career Fair

The home for Big East hoops

Big East Career Fair

Postby ElDonBDon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am

Does anyone know if the Big East Career Fair will continue?

http://www.bigeastcareerfair.org/

Also, do other conferences do this? I always thought that a conference career fair was a cool idea. It bridges athletics and academics, in fact, maybe even now more so than ever considering all ten schools are more similar with respect to institutional fit.
ElDonBDon

Big East Career Fair

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Big East Career Fair

Postby Dave » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:54 am

Never heard of it. But that's pretty cool. Worth continuing I would think.
Go Nova
Dave

Postby JOPO » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:13 am

The Big East career fair is held every year. This is not a new event and has been going on for years.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby marquette » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:39 am

JOPO wrote:The Big East career fair is held every year. This is not a new event and has been going on for years.

I don't think anybody is questioning whether it is new or not. The question here is "will the current conference continue the event?" Which is an interesting question considering all the other things that this group of schools have had to throw together in such a shot time. It seems like people are forgetting that the conference was originally meant to start up next season, and Fox kind of badgered the schools into rushing things. If the new schools can be brought on board, and considering institutional fit I don't see why that would be a problem, the event should probably continue. However, given all the other things that the group has had to throw together it is reasonable to question if everything will be business as usual.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby JOPO » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:51 am

I think it is held every year in conjunction with the Big East Tournament. I don't see any reason for them to discontinue this and hope that we see it again this year and for years to come!
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby Hall2012 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:30 am

It's held at MSG every year during the Big East Tournament. In the past, it's been in the morning during the semi-final rounds. It's a nice event and hopefully it will continue. However, considering it's a new conference with new upper management, it's understandable that this may not be at the top of the priority list at the moment. That being said, how difficult can it be to throw together a career fair?

There's also been an online Big East career fair in the fall in past years.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Return to Big East basketball message board