Tell us why YOUR team may not do well in the BE this year...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tell us why YOUR team may not do well in the BE this yea

Postby ChelseaFriar » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:01 am

gofriars08 wrote:Of all the players on the Friar roster, the two players I am least worried about are Cotton and Dunn. Honestly I think it will challenging for any other team to put out a better PG-SG duo in the league.

I have no concerns about Cotton or Batts. After a couple of games I'll be able to see if Dunn is a true PG or if he is a combo guard.
ChelseaFriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:34 pm

I know this is supposed to be about your team, but here's something for why Creighton might not do well. A quote from coach McDermott: “The Big East is known to be a smash-mouth league,” McDermott said. “That's not in our favor.”
hoyahooligan

Postby FlyByNight101 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:I know this is supposed to be about your team, but here's something for why Creighton might not do well. A quote from coach McDermott: “The Big East is known to be a smash-mouth league,” McDermott said. “That's not in our favor.”

That is a very good point, Mac was specifically discussing the way the refs will be officiating the games. We are definitely built for finesse, (Even moreso this season than last) so there may be a swing depending on how tightly the games are called.
FlyByNight101

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board