DePaul posters?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: DePaul posters?

Postby Dew » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:37 pm

Demon22 wrote:We exist. There's just not much going on that we like to talk about.

Can you post something on the Demon sites to invite them here?
Dew

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DanofXav76 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:36 am

JOPO wrote:
DanofXav76 wrote:Just my opinion but i'd say 90%+ have been very respectful to all teams in the conference. I know I'll be rooting hard for every BE team OOC. Heck other than the Xavier games I'll be rooting for DePaul in their league games too (i also think they won't finish 10th). It was a setback losing Larkin to Miami before he had a chance to play a game for the Blue Demons.

Honestly, except for one poster, I think everyone here is really pretty respectful of our conference mates. Sure, everyone is passionate about their own team but everyone seems to be able to discuss other teams without getting into the name calling and pissing matches you find on other sites. Everyone knows how to have an adult conversation. I've got to admit, it's a refreshing change!

That said, hopefully more DePaul fans will find their way over here.

That little problem was taken care of with the "foe" button found in my user control panel.
DanofXav76

Postby JOPO » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:16 am

DanofXav76 wrote:
JOPO wrote:
DanofXav76 wrote:Just my opinion but i'd say 90%+ have been very respectful to all teams in the conference. I know I'll be rooting hard for every BE team OOC. Heck other than the Xavier games I'll be rooting for DePaul in their league games too (i also think they won't finish 10th). It was a setback losing Larkin to Miami before he had a chance to play a game for the Blue Demons.

Honestly, except for one poster, I think everyone here is really pretty respectful of our conference mates. Sure, everyone is passionate about their own team but everyone seems to be able to discuss other teams without getting into the name calling and pissing matches you find on other sites. Everyone knows how to have an adult conversation. I've got to admit, it's a refreshing change!

That said, hopefully more DePaul fans will find their way over here.

That little problem was taken care of with the "foe" button found in my user control panel.

Neat little feature isn't it? LOL! :lol:
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby Seyton » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:12 pm

I am a DePaul fan and have been a season ticket holder for the past 12 or 13 years. I'm not going to dog them, as it is too easy to do and I'm sick of their administration's incompetence.

I will say that I do not expect DePaul to be as bad as many seem to think. We were in a lot of games last year, which is to say it was well within our reach to win five or six games and we played a lot of teams tough (Notre Dame twice).

We are slowly building a full roster of D1 players. Brandon Young and Cleveland Melvin are empty numbers types. Jamee Crockett is a good player with amazing athleticism and Charles McKinney is a glue guy who will give you good defense and hustle and has outstanding athletic ability. Unfortunately he has little basketball skill. They are juniors.

Marrero was out last year with an ACL, Billy Garret, Jr., R.J. Currington and Tommy Hamilton, Jr. are all very intriguing freshman. Durrell McDonald is an interesting sophomore prospect and Sandi Marcius will be a nice banger inside. Difference maker? No, but we haven't had a banger for a long time. Myke Henry is a shooter who hasn't shot well that transferred in from Illinois. He'll play next year along with another (possibly) nice transfer named Rashaun Stimmage. They will have depth that they haven't had recently and there's no reason to think they can't attain, at the high end, a 7-11 conference record or there abouts.

They are building slowly but surely. They'll be an odd combination of old and young, but they should be interesting. Not great, but not as bad as most people assume (with good reason). It's tough for them going up against Illinois and, interestingly, Northwestern. Add to that that most Chicago prodigies go national and it's not as easy for them to recruit as it might seem. Of course all that losing has a ton to do with it, but things *may* be looking up for them this season and next.
Seyton

Postby Seyton » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:14 pm

Dew wrote:
Demon22 wrote:We exist. There's just not much going on that we like to talk about.

Can you post something on the Demon sites to invite them here?

You can go to a site called "Blue Demons Nation", which is free, and post an invitation there. I have also mentioned it there as well.
Seyton

Postby XtoDC » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:48 am

I don't think DePaul will be terrible this season. The only problem is no one else in the conference looks like they will be terrible either. Everyone seems to have pretty high expectations of their teams this season, and someone has to finish last. For me personally, I need to see it before I will start believing it. A losing culture and a winning culture both tend to have a lasting effect on program's.
XtoDC

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:55 am

XtoDC wrote:I don't think DePaul will be terrible this season. The only problem is no one else in the conference looks like they will be terrible either. Everyone seems to have pretty high expectations of their teams this season, and someone has to finish last. For me personally, I need to see it before I will start believing it. A losing culture and a winning culture both tend to have a lasting effect on program's.

Excellent point. It's like Depaul is in the wrong place at the wrong time this year. It's their best shot to rebound yet everybody has that same attitude. I think they need a younger coach than Purnell, someone who's got something to prove.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby XU&DPU » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:15 pm

New poster here. I'll be posting on behalf of both Xavier and DePaul. I grew up in Chicago during the Ray/Joey Meyer era and of course was a huge DePaul fan. I'm just old enough to remember the FF4 in '79. I went to Ray Meyer basketball camp growing up.

In 1993 I enrolled at Xavier and became a huge fan of the hoops program. In recent years it's been a lot easier to be an X fan than a DPU fan. It's odd for me to have both schools in the same conference.

I will say that I am optimistic for DPU's future. They have some solid recruits coming in from the Chicago Public league over the next couple of years. So if that door is open again watch out.

I often point to X's success on the DPU board as a template for building a program. Unfortunately, DPU has a horrible AD with connections to the big money donors. Any other AD would have been fired simply for hiring Jerry Wainwright. Yet her past 2 hires have been pretty piss poor and there is not even a hint of her job being in jeopardy.
XU&DPU

Postby MUBoxer » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:24 pm

XU&DPU wrote:New poster here. I'll be posting on behalf of both Xavier and DePaul. I grew up in Chicago during the Ray/Joey Meyer era and of course was a huge DePaul fan. I'm just old enough to remember the FF4 in '79. I went to Ray Meyer basketball camp growing up.

In 1993 I enrolled at Xavier and became a huge fan of the hoops program. In recent years it's been a lot easier to be an X fan than a DPU fan. It's odd for me to have both schools in the same conference.

I will say that I am optimistic for DPU's future. They have some solid recruits coming in from the Chicago Public league over the next couple of years. So if that door is open again watch out.

I often point to X's success on the DPU board as a template for building a program. Unfortunately, DPU has a horrible AD with connections to the big money donors. Any other AD would have been fired simply for hiring Jerry Wainwright. Yet her past 2 hires have been pretty piss poor and there is not even a hint of her job being in jeopardy.

Being an alum/ex athlete married to a former basketball star is probably enough to keep her job very safe. They put themselves in a stupid position and are now paying the price. It would be best for her to retire after the new arena so she an at least have that be her legacy.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby DanofXav76 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

XU&DPU wrote:New poster here. I'll be posting on behalf of both Xavier and DePaul. I grew up in Chicago during the Ray/Joey Meyer era and of course was a huge DePaul fan. I'm just old enough to remember the FF4 in '79. I went to Ray Meyer basketball camp growing up.

Welcome to the Holy Land. I think you'll enjoy the basketball talk here. While Xavier hadn't begun their ascent in college basketball in the 70's DePaul and Marquette were my second favorite teams because of their success and having Ray Meyer & Al McGuire (heck who didn't like those guys?!) I am thrilled they will be now be making yearly visits to Cintas.
DanofXav76

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board