DePaul posters?

The home for Big East hoops

DePaul posters?

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:29 pm

I've been enjoying the heck out of this web site since I had the good fortune of finding it a couple of months ago. I've learned a lot and the you can really feel all of the enthusiasm out there for our new league. It did strike me today though that I can't remember reading one post from a DePaul fan? I know there hasn't been much to get excited about since the Ray and Joey Meyer days but has interest sunk this low for the Blue Demons?
DanofXav76

DePaul posters?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: DePaul posters?

Postby TheHall » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:08 pm

DanofXav76 wrote:I've been enjoying the heck out of this web site since I had the good fortune of finding it a couple of months ago. I've learned a lot and the you can really feel all of the enthusiasm out there for our new league. It did strike me today though that I can't remember reading one post from a DePaul fan? I know there hasn't been much to get excited about since the Ray and Joey Meyer days but has interest sunk this low for the Blue Demons?

If coach OP signs this guy that little problem will be solved, book it!

TheHall

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Yeah I don't think I've seen a single DePaul poster since I've been around
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby Jet915 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:29 pm

Not sure if they exist.
Jet915

Postby ivet » Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:58 pm

I am one. We don't come out because 1. We are embarrassed at the state of the program and 2. We are tired of not getting respect (though understandable). You can only take so much from the other fans...case in point-the recent poll on who will finish last. DePaul won't finish last this season.
ivet

Postby Burrito » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:26 pm

Yeah, I thought that was a bad idea for a poll (worst team). Why pick on a team when its down.
Burrito

Postby DanofXav76 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Just my opinion but i'd say 90%+ have been very respectful to all teams in the conference. I know I'll be rooting hard for every BE team OOC. Heck other than the Xavier games I'll be rooting for DePaul in their league games too (i also think they won't finish 10th). It was a setback losing Larkin to Miami before he had a chance to play a game for the Blue Demons.
DanofXav76

Postby MUBoxer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:58 pm

ivet wrote:I am one. We don't come out because 1. We are embarrassed at the state of the program and 2. We are tired of not getting respect (though understandable). You can only take so much from the other fans...case in point-the recent poll on who will finish last. DePaul won't finish last this season.

You're right DePaul won't finish last this year. It'll probs be like 2007 you'll be a bubble team probably get the short straw due to the new conference.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby JOPO » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:32 am

DanofXav76 wrote:Just my opinion but i'd say 90%+ have been very respectful to all teams in the conference. I know I'll be rooting hard for every BE team OOC. Heck other than the Xavier games I'll be rooting for DePaul in their league games too (i also think they won't finish 10th). It was a setback losing Larkin to Miami before he had a chance to play a game for the Blue Demons.

Honestly, except for one poster, I think everyone here is really pretty respectful of our conference mates. Sure, everyone is passionate about their own team but everyone seems to be able to discuss other teams without getting into the name calling and pissing matches you find on other sites. Everyone knows how to have an adult conversation. I've got to admit, it's a refreshing change!

That said, hopefully more DePaul fans will find their way over here.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby Demon22 » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:50 pm

We exist. There's just not much going on that we like to talk about.
Demon22

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board