Buying tickets for the Big East tournament

The home for Big East hoops

Postby SJU87 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:49 am

I didn't like the way they sold tickets in the past. The schools got the tickets and you couldn't just show up the day of the game and buy the ticket at MSG.
They can give the tickets to schools and whatever tickets aren't used should be sold at MSG on game day. For the teams that don't draw well, sell a ticket that allows people to see all the low attendence games for the day and the place might be rocking with people. Just seeing a Big East tournament game is exciting even if it isn't your team. I'd definatly go and spend hours watching 2 games or more.

What can you bring into the garden ? can you bring in a Subway hero, bags of peanuts, bottles of soda ????
SJU87

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Buying tickets for the Big East tournament

Postby BigEast1 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:22 am

You cannot bring in beverages. Not sure about a sandwhich, not sure why they would have an issue with that. The Tournament is a great experience. I try and go every year. I was at the Syracuse - UConn 6 OT game, 2 teams I hated but that was an incredible atmosphere. I remember reading somewhere that the league will allocate tix differently than they have done in years past.
Last edited by BigEast1 on Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigEast1

Postby EMT » Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:28 am

You can't bring food into MSG. They sell food at MSG
EMT

Postby billyjack » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:06 pm

Yeah, i don't know why people would only want to go to their team's game. I was lucky enough to go to the first Big East tourney at the age of 11 in 1980 in Providence. PC lost in the afternoon on that first day, followed at night by the 2 other games. We (my father and brother too) couldn't wait to get back to watch the other teams. The next day were the semis which were great, but I don't think we could make the finals. Anyway, if you love college basketball, why would you skip out on other games, even if your team has already lost? Go Big East!
Providence
billyjack

Postby NJRedman » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:23 am

SJU87 wrote:I didn't like the way they sold tickets in the past. The schools got the tickets and you couldn't just show up the day of the game and buy the ticket at MSG.
They can give the tickets to schools and whatever tickets aren't used should be sold at MSG on game day. For the teams that don't draw well, sell a ticket that allows people to see all the low attendence games for the day and the place might be rocking with people. Just seeing a Big East tournament game is exciting even if it isn't your team. I'd definatly go and spend hours watching 2 games or more.

What can you bring into the garden ? can you bring in a Subway hero, bags of peanuts, bottles of soda ????

You buy a ticket for a two game session. You get two games. No one knows how good the teams will be. It's a tournament.

No, you can't bring in a picnic.

You can easily get tix that day through stubhub. They have a ticket window close to the Garden.
NJRedman

Return to Big East basketball message board