Favorite NCAA video highlight for your Big East school

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Omaha1 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:53 pm

Thanks for letting us post videos. I think it would be fun for everyone to find a video of a special NCAA moment or other important win for the rest of the Big East to see. I know some of the history of your schools, but would enjoy seeing more.

I will start for Creighton as the Jays upset Florida on a 3 pointer with under a second left in 2OT.

Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Favorite NCAA video highlight for your Big East school

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:42 pm

Not NCAA and really not that important in the grand scheme of things last year for Butler besides a nice resume boost, but I still get goosebumps watching it!
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby billyjack » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:54 am

MARCH 1973 - FINAL FOUR GAME - PROVIDENCE vs MEMPHIS STATE: (37 second clip)
Ernie D in 1973 Final Four vs Memphis State. Each of these plays happened in the first 10 minutes, before Barnes (#24) blew out his knee. Some called this "the best 10 minutes of team basketball ever played"... half-court behind-the-back passes, hitting guys in full stride for easy layups... Ernie and Marvin were local kids too, from North Providence and South Providence...! ...this is why people still talk about Ernie after all these years... The Friars were running the Tigers off the court, up 24-16 when Barnes got hurt... and an 8 point lead back then was huge, with no shot clock and no 3-pointers... The Friars' All-America center Marvin Barnes got hurt, and Memphis State in the second half adjusted and won the game by continually pounding it in down low. Of course, I was only 4 years old, so I don't remember it live!

SPRING 1973 - USA vs USSR Exhibition at Madison Square Garden: (30 second clip)
The Soviets cheated to win the Olympic Gold in 1972 in Munich, against our American college kids. The following Spring of 1973, 40 years ago, in the spirit of goodwill I guess, but with the Olympic controversy fresh in our minds, the Soviets and Americans played a series of exhibition games. From what I understand, the most famous of these was a weeknight game televised on NBC. The game was at Madison Square Garden, and the place was packed, and the emotions were high, and the crowd wanted blood, figuratively of course.
Anyway, the Americans took the lead in overtime, and since this was pre-shot-clock, they were trying to run out the clock... so Ernie DiGregorio played keep-away by dribbling around defenders, behind the back, and so on. He then brought down the house with a pass and dunk by Friar teammate Marvin Barnes. Dick Enberg with the call, lets out an "Oh My...!"
Providence
billyjack

Postby NJRedman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:56 am

Not NCAA but the best game i've been to.

NJRedman

Postby DudeAnon » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:19 am

Xavier luckily has had a lot of NCAA Tourney success in the past decade so there is a lot to choose from but this game was so intense I almost had a heart attack.

Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby admin » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm

One of the most talked about games in NCAA history.

admin
Site Admin

Postby bmorex » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:19 am

Why have one when you can have them all.

bmorex

Postby Johnnies91 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:48 pm

Best SJU game I've ever been to. After being fouled at the buzzer, Hatten hits game winning free throw with no one on the court to upset No. 5 Duke. MSG was going wild.

http://youtu.be/H_ubVvouc_0
Johnnies91

Postby aughnanure » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:56 pm

Dwyane F---ing Wade.

“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby BigEast1 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Hard to argue with those but I would have picked this one for St. John's

BigEast1

Return to Big East basketball message board