Big East vs AAC Attendance

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East vs AAC Attendance

Postby yorost » Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:09 pm

Don't try and tie emotions to my arguments, I wish the AAC well and wouldn't mind being in a conference with any of their top 4. I missed Memphis after moving to the Big East and will miss Cincy and UConn. ...and where did I even say they would be lucky to get 3 in? I said trying to label them as near set in stone to get 4 in every year was too far due to conference structure and plain old 'odds of sports.' They should have no problem at 3 and get 4 often enough. Only 2 bids would be a really bad year fro them. If they get 4+ just about every year it will be because their bottom teams started stepping up. Looks possible, but not yet something proven.
yorost

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby marquette » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:57 pm

BillEsq wrote: No one is going to confuse the AAC with the ACC BIG SEC or BE. So why the comparisons?

Clearly you're not a divorce lawyer.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Noonzy » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I think it will be increasing difficult for the top schools in the AAC to recruit as in the past with the exception of Memphis-they seem to recruit good players always. There is some exposure for the top teams on TV, but this is the first year. I don't believe that teams like UConn can use their previous success for an extended period of time. As a poster pointed out previously, the attandance figures for the new schools and existing schools outside of the top 4 are pathetic and the new conference will not help. They are football schools period. Kids have a very short attention span and will identify with the good team thay have seen recently.
Providence College
Noonzy

Postby Burrito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:09 pm

The AAC has some solid basketball programs in UConn, Memphis, Cincinnati and Temple. But UConn's Hall of Fame coach just retired. The new coach may have a tougher time recruiting in the AAC going forward. We'll see what happens there. Plus, if there is another round of football expansion, Cincinnati and UConn are probably at the head of the line. The AAC could go from a pretty good basketball conference to a mediocre one very quickly.
Burrito

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:50 pm

I agree, UConn should be the target for the Big East add.
Go Nova
Dave

Postby BillEsq » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:21 pm

yorost wrote:Don't try and tie emotions to my arguments, I wish the AAC well and wouldn't mind being in a conference with any of their top 4. I missed Memphis after moving to the Big East and will miss Cincy and UConn. ...and where did I even say they would be lucky to get 3 in? I said trying to label them as near set in stone to get 4 in every year was too far due to conference structure and plain old 'odds of sports.' They should have no problem at 3 and get 4 often enough. Only 2 bids would be a really bad year fro them. If they get 4+ just about every year it will be because their bottom teams started stepping up. Looks possible, but not yet something proven.

LOL

1. If i was ever to win an argument against you yorost i would have to appeal to emotions... you have me defeated in math.

2. I didnt say you did. The original poster i replied to did i think it was army vet. (who i think is a fantastic poster) I was pointing out that i thought he forgot about temple.

3. Yorost ... my time here is short and you have been a worthy adversary... check your messages for a freindy wager...
BillEsq

Postby BillEsq » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:27 pm

Marquette.... i abhor family law attorneys... ive done one divorce and its ugly. Those bastards milk people at there worst for as much as they got. I'll rarely say anything good about one of them.

Dave. The FBS ship has sailed i doubt you will ever see a FBS team in the BE. Only ND is a logical choice and only ND has a chance of going solo. Unfortunately ND is also a pipe dream. Uconn will never be a BE team.
BillEsq

Postby Noonzy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:42 am

I believe ND has joined the ACC in BB.
Providence College
Noonzy

Postby BillEsq » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:25 am

Noonzy wrote:I believe ND has joined the ACC in BB.

Please see line that says "ND is also a pipe dream".
BillEsq

Postby Friar82 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Interesting set of statistics that shed some light on just how anemic a league the AAC will be. Aside from a handful of schools at the top (one of which, Louisville, will be leaving), the attendance figures are really pathetic.
Friar82

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board