Recruiting

The home for Big East hoops

Recruiting

Postby jkc_dawgs » Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:12 pm

I know that I am all hyped up for BU to get bigger recruits now that they will be on a bigger stage with this conference. But to all the east coast schools that aren't "powers" do you think that you will now be able to recruit the midwest? Indiana has a very, very talented 2014 and 2015 classes. Just give me some feedback. Thanks

GO DAWGS
jkc_dawgs

Recruiting

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Recruiting

Postby KabeX » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:02 pm

Going to be interesting for sure. X has recruited very successfully both on the east coast and in Indiana in recent years. But with IU back and your boys 2 National title game appearances, it became tougher. Not sure what Butler's recruiting budget is but it will no doubt have to increase as they take on a wider focus. I see no downside for either X or Butler.
KabeX

Postby marq » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:15 am

Do any of these schools recruit heavily on the west coast? Being so eastern US based, adding a couple of Western schools could open up some channels there.
marq

Postby Jet915 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:16 am

Creighton mainly recruits Midwest and Texas.
Jet915

Postby ljay » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:57 pm

Creighton recruiting has been interesting this year. As Jet says, it's mainly midwest and Texas. Forays into California occurred under a different regime but I don't think there is anything there anymore.

One thing that occurred out of the blue this year was, per Rivals, CU being in on 3 2013 kids from New York, Hassan Martin (serious consideration until CU picked up a PF from Wisky), Terrance Samuel (signed with UConn) and Austin Williams from the Bronx (not sure how much interest, still open) and a PF from Massachusetts, Andrew Chrabascz (visited CU, signed elsewhere).

At the time I thought to myself wtf, where did that come from? Perhaps planning for this league has been going on a lot longer than the public really knows?!?! Or I may need to stop watching Oliver Stone movies. :D
ljay

Postby FDS » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 pm

ljay wrote:Creighton recruiting has been interesting this year. As Jet says, it's mainly midwest and Texas. Forays into California occurred under a different regime but I don't think there is anything there anymore.

One thing that occurred out of the blue this year was, per Rivals, CU being in on 3 2013 kids from New York, Hassan Martin (serious consideration until CU picked up a PF from Wisky), Terrance Samuel (signed with UConn) and Austin Williams from the Bronx (not sure how much interest, still open) and a PF from Massachusetts, Andrew Chrabascz (visited CU, signed elsewhere).

At the time I thought to myself wtf, where did that come from? Perhaps planning for this league has been going on a lot longer than the public really knows?!?! Or I may need to stop watching Oliver Stone movies. :D

Chrabascz signed at Butler along with another kid from the Mass/RI area Rene Castro
FDS

Postby Xudash » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:31 pm

Xavier's two most recent signees are from Texas and California. I believe Mack and his staff will now go more nationally with respect to recruiting than they have in the past.
Xudash

Postby gmoser1210 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:13 am

Butler doesn't recruit much on the west coast but I seem to remember them looking at someone in California recently. Can't think of his name right now, though.
gmoser1210

Postby DemonBaby » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

This won't impact DePaul much in terms of recruiting although it might open up Chicago more to the Xaviers and Butlers of the world.
DemonBaby

Postby jkc_dawgs » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:20 pm

The kid that is out in Cali that BU is heavily recruiting is Elijah Brown. Mike Brown's kid, yes the ex Lakers coach. He is deciding between Butler and St. Mary's and is going to sign in the sprong.
jkc_dawgs

Return to Big East basketball message board