Butler's RooseveltJones out for season

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:52 am

Tore ligaments in wrist while team was in Australia. Huge loss for the bulldogs. Not a good off season for Butler!
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Butler's RooseveltJones out for season

Postby BEX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:57 am

Wow. Leading scorer and rebounder. Tough start for Bulldogs.
BEX

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Here's hoping some of our freshman step up, but its hard to not feel like this will be a lost season.
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:13 pm

When it rains, it pours. Another tough break for Butler.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby aughnanure » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Yikes!

With Roosevelt, Whittington, and potentially Pinkston (plus Vander being an idiot and declaring early) - here's hoping no more key players get injured. We need a solid OOC conference performance.
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Postby JOPO » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:07 pm

Wow, poor Butler. They seem to be playing the role of Seton Hall in a repeat of the Pirates last season when we were decimated by injuries. My sympathies to the Bulldogs. Hopefully going forward all conference teams will remain healthy!
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

Postby ArmyVet » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Any pressure the new coach was going to feel trying to replace Stevens is probably gone now as expectations have diminished.
ArmyVet

Postby butlerguy03 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:13 pm

ArmyVet wrote:Any pressure the new coach was going to feel trying to replace Stevens is probably gone now as expectations have diminished.

A mid-pack finish would have sufficed this year. Now with Rose's injury, I'll be hoping for a .500 year and not expect much come conference season. Maybe this means Butler will be a little more experienced next season (and play lots of Frosh minutes this season). However, the on-court product this year will not help at all with recruiting.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Bill Marsh » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:36 pm

This is terrible news for Butler - and for the conference. I feel bad for the kid. I definitely see them as #8 in the league at this point and won't be surprised if either DePaul or Seton Hall surpasses them if one of those can pull it together this year, which is a distinct possibility.
Bill Marsh

Postby Bulldog_Muskie » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:23 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:
ArmyVet wrote:Any pressure the new coach was going to feel trying to replace Stevens is probably gone now as expectations have diminished.

A mid-pack finish would have sufficed this year. Now with Rose's injury, I'll be hoping for a .500 year and not expect much come conference season. Maybe this means Butler will be a little more experienced next season (and play lots of Frosh minutes this season). However, the on-court product this year will not help at all with recruiting.

I definitely think they'll be contenders for the next two years after this season, especially if they can get either Bluiett or Lyles (never say never!). But a more seasoned Dunham and Jones plus Kam Woods and the current crop of freshman could be pretty formidable. I've heard good things about Castro and Brown so hopefully they'll step up and contribute this year. That being said it may be pretty ugly at Hinkle at times this year, probably similar to the 2011-2012 campaign. If that was a bad year in the Horizon I can't imagine it going well in the Big East.
Butler University '13
Xavier University '15
Bulldog_Muskie

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board