Interview with Val Ackerman- expansion, etc

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Interview with Val Ackerman- expansion, etc

Postby Bluejay » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:28 pm

DumpsterFireA10 wrote:
marquette wrote:
DumpsterFireA10 wrote:There's another secret: the Big East has 10 teams. It'll stay that way.
There is zero chance of expansion anytime soon. If the Big East wanted 12 teams, they'd have taken 12. They want 10...guess how many are there? The Big East will soon be the cutoff of top-level basketball; and there's going to be 10 teams in it.

I'm thinking at worst (for you guys) we are looking at a couple years of "auditions", if you will. I would assume that at the end of that we will either expand, if there are worthy candidates, or stay at 10 for the foreseeable future. Either way, the possibility of expansion is not dead as of now. Don't jump off that ledge just yet.

Just a bad combo for me.

The Valley isn't going to happen EVER, the Big East may or may not expand, and what's left? Staying in a league that is trying to run Saint Louis completely out of it (and that I can't stand)? Oh well, at least we still have a good basketball team. I respect a lot of the A-10 programs, but overall, I hate the league.

Big East will be super fun for y'all.

You know, when Creighton was in the MVC, I desperately wanted SLU to be added. However, SLU fans used to always tell us that they considered the MVC to be a step down.
Bluejay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillikensWin » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Bluejay wrote:
Vill wrote:Expansion keeps coming up in these articles which surprises me a little bit. Before we do anything we need to have a clear grasp of what is happening with the football part of the NCAA. I'd hate to be passed by because we diluted ourselves too much.

In all fairness, I think the expansion issue only keeps coming up because reporters/interviewers keep asking about it. I don't think that Ackerman is going out of her way to keep mentioning it, nor do I believe she would have mentioned it all if not specifically asked about it.

You're probably right.

Would a definitive answer on expansion (we're not going to) stop the questions or bring up new ones?
Saint Louis University: Proud Members of the Big Atlantic Valley Conference
BillikensWin

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board