Lavin and Thompson in FOX1 ad.

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Lavin and Thompson in FOX1 ad.

Postby yorost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:12 pm

NJRedman wrote:
yorost wrote:You see one promo will be using St. John's and jump to the conclusion you're probably going to be one of the two faces of the conference? :roll: Georgetown we expect in that role, but that doesn't mean nobody else will be used for promotion.

No, it's the commercial with Lav and JT3 AND a photo shoot with SJU and GTown. Look at the photo above.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. You're not even bothering to wait to see how any of this is used, much less how they continue to promote the conference over a few months or years.
yorost

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:20 pm

yorost wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
yorost wrote:You see one promo will be using St. John's and jump to the conclusion you're probably going to be one of the two faces of the conference? :roll: Georgetown we expect in that role, but that doesn't mean nobody else will be used for promotion.

No, it's the commercial with Lav and JT3 AND a photo shoot with SJU and GTown. Look at the photo above.

You're getting way ahead of yourself. You're not even bothering to wait to see how any of this is used, much less how they continue to promote the conference over a few months or years.

Not really, it makes sense to push the two biggest markets you have. DC and NYC. Why do you think those were the two schools used in a photo shoot to promote the new partnership between Fox and the league?

Of course if we are talking YEARS they will use other programs but it looks like RIGHT NOW as they push the new league and new channel they are going with SJU and GTown.
NJRedman

Postby yorost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Nice argument, but Georgetown is no higher than the fourth largest market in the Big East. Your reasons for why St. John's might get promoted are fine, but how do they back up a conclusion that St. John's looks like it will be one of the two faces of the conference? If they keep going to St. John's as a default choice I will agree it looks that way, but for now it's way too early to think such a thing.
yorost

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 pm

Just one commercial guys......didn't know about the players not being to be in a commercial but I guess that makes sense. Expect to see alot of Doug McDermott game footage in promos though...
Jet915

Postby nathanhm » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:28 pm

Jesus who approved that guy to wear a Georgetown jersey....smh
nathanhm

Postby micgoG'town » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:02 pm

I would think the league will be promoted primarily as a brand name with it's history and Final Four entries heavily promoted.
micgoG'town

Postby butlerguy03 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Wouldn't Brad Stevens be sort of the "Coach-face" of the new Big East? I know I'm biased, but it seems to me that with the recent success at Butler, he's probably the most well-known coach in the BE outside of the east coast.

For instance, a basketball fan in Phoenix would probably be able to tell you the coach at Butler, Georgetown & Marquette...but might struggle with the rest of the conference. Hell, I do.

As far as footage, I would like to see a montage of the early big east through today as a "primer" or "intro."

Start it with Ewing & John Thompson hugging after winning the title going through Gordon Hayward missing the half-court heave (barf, do I really want to see that again?) and moving into some exciting finishes the last few years.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby Bluejay » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:31 am

Sounds like they want to avoid the new guys (X, Butler & Creighton). Probably just too "mid-major" for the C7 members.

I wonder if they'll take us lightly on the court too?

Personally, I'd base advertising campaigns around the best players and best teams. Then again, we have no conference staffers hired yet, so who knows what the hell they are doing.
Bluejay

Postby yorost » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:39 am

:roll:

It's one ad we haven't seen and one photo shoot we only have a twitter pic from. Why would you even think the seven are behind FS1 advertising choices!
yorost

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board