Lavin and Thompson in FOX1 ad.

The home for Big East hoops

Postby redmen9194 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:34 pm

Coaches Lavin and Thompson will appear in a Fox Sports 1 ad that is in the process of being filmed along with other sports figures that will appear on the channel from the other leagues and sports that will be shown. It is going to appear during the MLB All-Star game and will be a ninety second commercial.
redmen9194

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Lavin and Thompson in FOX1 ad.

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:47 pm

Awesome, I know Flacco, Patrick Willis, Gordon from Nascar, some mlb players and others are going to be part of the commercial. Suppose to be 90 seconds long.
Jet915

Postby redmen9194 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:40 pm

I saw Bryce Harper is in it as well.
redmen9194

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:30 pm

Jet915

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:31 am

St. John's and Georgetown seem to be the face of the Big East on Fox Sports.

http://www.rumbleinthegarden.com/st-joh ... l-uniforms

It's a article about getting a sneak peak at our new UA uni's.

"On Wednesday, the Fox Sports Twitter account dedicated to coverage of NBA and college basketball (@HOOPSonFOX) posted a picture from its recent photo shoot to promote its new alliance with Big East basketball. A photo was posted of two uniform models, one wearing the standard gray Georgetown home uniform and one sporting what seems to be the brand new St. John's road uniform - sponsored by Under Armour. Steve Lavin was present at the promo shoot."

NJRedman

Postby yorost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:53 pm

You see one promo will be using St. John's and jump to the conclusion you're probably going to be one of the two faces of the conference? :roll: Georgetown we expect in that role, but that doesn't mean nobody else will be used for promotion.
yorost

Postby Jet915 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:31 pm

yorost wrote:You see one promo will be using St. John's and jump to the conclusion you're probably going to be one of the two faces of the conference? :roll: Georgetown we expect in that role, but that doesn't mean nobody else will be used for promotion.

I would have hoped Doug McDermott might have been asked but Thompson and Lavin have already shot for the promo so my guess is it's just going to be those two...
Jet915

Postby yorost » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Uh, what? I didn't say anything about more that St. John's and Georgetown being used in this promo. ...unless they use game footage, I suppose.
yorost

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:56 pm

yorost wrote:You see one promo will be using St. John's and jump to the conclusion you're probably going to be one of the two faces of the conference? :roll: Georgetown we expect in that role, but that doesn't mean nobody else will be used for promotion.

No, it's the commercial with Lav and JT3 AND a photo shoot with SJU and GTown. Look at the photo above.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:57 pm

Jet915 wrote:

I would have hoped Doug McDermott might have been asked but Thompson and Lavin have already shot for the promo so my guess is it's just going to be those two...

Current players are not allowed to be in commercials like that. Sanchez almost got in trouble while at USC for after a game saying "Stay tuned for Sports Center". Thats why there are models in the SJU and GTown Uni's for the photo shoot i posted above.
NJRedman

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board