College World Series in Omaha

The home for Big East hoops

Re: College World Series in Omaha

Postby admin » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:14 pm

NCWildcat wrote:Lets hope we can push our basketball and baseball teams into the championships in the next few years. It will be a very lofty goal. I guess when you think about it, no Big East team has even won a National Championship in a 'major' sport in almost 30 yeas (football/basketball/baseball).......

I seem to remember Louisville winning this past season. A technicality perhaps, but a Big East team won the NCAA basketball title this year.
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby redmen9194 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:50 pm

The Johnnies made it to the Super Regional last season and usually get an NCAA bid. It's very tough to compete with southern schools in baseball.
redmen9194

Postby BluejayBanterDanny » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:54 am

Until Indiana this year, the Big Ten hadn't had a CWS team since 1984 I believe. It certainly doesn't have a 'major' presence. Like others have said, NCAA baseball in the North is tough. Creighton and St. John's should be good.
BluejayBanterDanny

Postby Jays26 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:47 am

Jays26

Postby lukecu » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:12 am

That article. Wow! Actually was really good.
Nebraska raised, Creighton by choice!
lukecu

Postby Jays26 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 am

lukecu wrote:That article. Wow! Actually was really good.

Not bad for BR!
Jays26

Postby NCWildcat » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:44 am

admin wrote:
NCWildcat wrote:Lets hope we can push our basketball and baseball teams into the championships in the next few years. It will be a very lofty goal. I guess when you think about it, no Big East team has even won a National Championship in a 'major' sport in almost 30 yeas (football/basketball/baseball).......

I seem to remember Louisville winning this past season. A technicality perhaps, but a Big East team won the NCAA basketball title this year.

I don't count Louisville or Miami or Syracuse or UCONN when I discuss Big East athletics. Louisville is a member of the AAC
There are 10 teams in the Big East. None have won the NCAA Basketball Tournament since the mid 80s. None have played in the CWS since the mid 80's.
NCWildcat

Postby Jet915 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:17 pm

NCWildcat wrote:
admin wrote:

I don't count Louisville or Miami or Syracuse or UCONN when I discuss Big East athletics. Louisville is a member of the AAC
There are 10 teams in the Big East. None have won the NCAA Basketball Tournament since the mid 80s. None have played in the CWS since the mid 80's.

Creighton made the CWS in 1991.
Jet915

Postby Wizard of Westroads » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:42 am

Jays26 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1673063-college-world-series-americas-perfect-sporting-event

CU fans are biased, of course, but the BE really needs to fix its baseball tournament in Omaha. If you're not a college baseball fan, you don't get how big the CWS is in Omaha. Every college baseball player dreams of getting to Omaha, just like basketball players dream of playing in the Garden. Playing the tournament in Omaha would be a good recruiting tool for every school in the league.
Wizard of Westroads

Postby QueRico » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

Seton Hall last made it 1974 & 1975.
After some down time the program looks to be in good shape.
4 players drafted this year & 1 undrafted who signed w/ the Angels.
QueRico

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board