Big Ten vs Big East?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big Ten vs Big East?

Postby yorost » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:26 am

Jet915 wrote:Should be Big East vs. Pac-12. Alot of the schools already play Big Ten schools but this would be a coup for Fox. Since they own half of the Big Ten Network, I could see the Big East home games being on Fox Sports 1 and the Big Ten home games being on the Big Ten network. ESPN would not like this at all.

marq wrote:I'd prefer something with the B1G rather than then PAC12, but Fox will have the final say on this I presume.

A scheduling arrangement is not a made for tv challenge. A challenge is just one example of a scheduling arrangement.

Fox doesn't need to have their hands in every OOC game scheduled. This immediately pointed to overlapping geography and the B1G's eastern expansion, which suggests it would just be a way for schools to get guaranteed access to quality competition without the travel burden.
yorost

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby redmen9194 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:49 am

A scheduling arrangement between the Big East and Big Ten would be perfect for both. Both have east coast and mid-west programs. The games will boost RPI for both. Doesn't need to be in the challenge format at all, but they can get some good match-ups.
redmen9194

Postby Jet915 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 am

redmen9194 wrote:A scheduling arrangement between the Big East and Big Ten would be perfect for both. Both have east coast and mid-west programs. The games will boost RPI for both. Doesn't need to be in the challenge format at all, but they can get some good match-ups.

If its an arrangement, why not make it a challenge and get extra TV exposure?
Jet915

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:40 pm

I wouldn't be able to wait for a daunted Seton Hall & Coach Abuse U on the Raritan like Big East clashes of old. Make sure to put that one on Prime Time. :cry:

Actually I'd like our chances with these regional matchups:
SJU over Rutgers
Nova over Penn State
GT over MD
Creighton over Neb.
Marq over Wisc.
Indiana/Purdue & Butler - toss up
Illini over Depaul
OSU prob. over Xav.

(no regional matchups for Seton Hall & Prov. so put them up against Minn, Mich or Northwestern and hope for a split)

I think next year we'd fair just fine.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby DemonLS » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:20 am

DePaul and Illinois have NOT played since 1957!!!
DemonLS

Postby Bluejay » Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:44 am

If this gets put together, we want someone other than bottom-dwelling Nebraska every year!
Bluejay

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board