Summer League Basketball

The home for Big East hoops

Summer League Basketball

Postby wildjays » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:45 am

Do any of the other Big East school's players participate in any summer leagues? If they do I assume they are pretty high quality with a lot of D-1 schools around them participating.

Anyway, Creighton players participate in a summer league held in the Omaha metro area that includes other local colleges and professionals. If you are interested, White & Blue Review is hosting the site info for this league again this summer. The league starts play on June 20th. Here is more info on this summer league.

http://whiteandbluereview.com/?p=24884
wildjays

Summer League Basketball

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Summer League Basketball

Postby redmen9194 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am

The Johnnies will be playing in Europe this summer.
redmen9194

Postby Dew » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:36 am

I've never understood these leagues. It's no defense basketball where players run their mouths and try to show each other up. College teammates can't play together so it's not building chemistry or anything like that.
Dew

Postby X Factor » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:32 pm

Dew wrote:I've never understood these leagues. It's no defense basketball where players run their mouths and try to show each other up. College teammates can't play together so it's not building chemistry or anything like that.

College teammates can play together. I think there's a max of 2 or 3 teammates on a team, but they're allowed to play together.

Xavier has always played in the Deveroes Summer League in Cincy. Real time stats are provided online.
It's a good way to get a look at incoming freshman and redshirts.

College players are going to at basketball in the summer. Yeah, the defense is suspect for the most part, but it allows fans a chance to see some action during the otherwise long offseason.

No big deal.
X Factor

Postby BEX » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:45 pm

Basically, a "fun" league. Gives fans a chance to see some newbies close up and get re-acquainted with some old veterans.
BEX

Postby ljay » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:09 pm

There's a max of two present-roster players on the team but your newbie frosh and juco's don't count toward that number and we often find a number of them on the same team with two present guys.

It is guard-oriented junk ball but gawd, it's great to have a summer hoops fix!! To hell with other sports. The Cubs suck, NBA is unwatchable until the playoffs, hockey is horrible on TV (in person is pretty fun), football is just a passtime until college hoops!!

GO BIG EAST!! GO JAYS!! GO COLLEGE HOOPS!!
ljay

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Not sure if Nova players still play in it but the Sonny Hill league in Philly is (or at least was) a fantastic league. 6 D1 programs in the city (more if you count the kids who come down from Lehigh, Lafayette, & Delaware) to play in the league that also has current and former pros who play as well as kids who play for other colleges around the country who come home for the summer. Extremely competitive. Philly is a rare treat when it comes to college hoops. I hope many of the Nova kids are sticking around to play in that league. You can expect two of our starters Arch and Hilliard (locals) at the least to be in it.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:56 am

I went to the Deveroes League last weekend but the 3 X players were no-shows. I did see a bunch of UC players: Chiek, Justin Jackson, Gwyn and Vaugh. Justin Jackson is an absolute beast.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby xu95 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:47 am

DudeAnon wrote:I went to the Deveroes League last weekend but the 3 X players were no-shows. I did see a bunch of UC players: Chiek, Justin Jackson, Gwyn and Vaugh. Justin Jackson is an absolute beast.

Xavier's team camp was going on over the weekend and I believe they were all helping out there.
xu95

Postby BEX » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:49 pm

Myles Davis (X) made his debut by missing 3 3pointers then dropping the next 5 of 6 for 24 points. We will need this kid to come in and catch fire this year from the arc. Semaj had an easy 38 with no defense being played.
Last edited by BEX on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEX

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board