Adam Zagoria Preseason Rankings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Adam Zagoria Preseason Rankings

Postby BEX » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 pm

BEX

Postby Dew » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:46 pm

It would be nice if foxsports.com was doing something online to start promoting the Big East. Do they have online guys similar to what Katz is for ESPN?
Dew

Postby muskienick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:11 pm

I've heard that a couple of former Dayton Flyer fans have decided to jump ship and follow Xavier from now on since the Muskies are going to the Big East. Supposedly, these same couple of fans have contacted the company that they used to have create banners for the UD Arena that ballyhooed all of UD's high pre-season predictions by media types. They noticed that the predicted 4th-place finish was the highest they had seen so far for Xavier in any of the preseason rankings and they were able to cancel their previous 6th-place banner order in favor of this new one by Adam Zagoria.

Real Xavier fans will likely be satisfied to wait it out to see how things play out on the court and not celebrate the guesswork of the media before final rosters are even set and before anyone sees any of our seven first-year scholarship players in a Xavier uniform!

But you'd better believe it: we're excited with the prospects and we're excited to be in the Big East!
muskienick

Postby yanks1 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:16 pm

Awful post nick...common dude
yanks1

Postby muskienick » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:41 am

yanks1 wrote:Awful post nick...common dude

I guess you have to live in Ohio to "get it". That, or have spent considerable time enjoying the back and forth banter between Flyer and Muskie fans over the past 18 years on the A-10 board.

Lighten up, yanks1. The post was meant as humor --- not an indictment! 99% of UD and XU fans and posters are great people and are capable of "getting" as well as "giving" in the friendly jibes we shared over the years we spent together in two Conferences. But we both made light of the other's 1% (and often even of our own!).
muskienick

Postby rusty X » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:57 am

Since the conference does not officially exist yet, I am not surprised that not much publicity has appeared. My guess is that after July 1, you will see more articles about fall and winter sports.
rusty X

Return to Big East basketball message board