Big East fall sports schedules

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East fall sports schedules

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 pm

ESPN cannot be trusted regarding the Big East, they are going to try their hardest to get MSG for the ACC now that the Big East tournament will be on Fox.
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BillEsq » Thu May 30, 2013 1:36 pm

yorost wrote:@BillEsq: I just don't know why you think they are only now realizing any disadvantages for 10 vs 12. Nothing supports that, especially since all indications are 12 is coming.

Technically i have no information as to when why or where they realized the disadvantages of 10 v 12. my guess is that it happened some point between deciding to start with just 10 teams and the AD's having to figure out how to make a 10 team league work. All hypothetical on my end.

For support i point to the articles that have been written and quotes from the various AD's. Again nothing really substantive unfortunately the BE is really tight lipped about everything and all i can do is guesstimate.

Personally i hope that you are correct that the league is moving to 12 teams. I also hope that Bellarmine will be added for lacrosse. What i do know is that at some point the AD's will have to publish schedules and announce how they are filling out the non-rev leagues. This to me will show the most insight on what the AD's are thinking.
BillEsq

Postby Jet915 » Thu May 30, 2013 1:38 pm

I actually wish we went to 12 as well. The "major" conferences all have 12 or more teams (except Big XII), there just aren't any great candidates except maybe SLU.
Jet915

Postby BillEsq » Thu May 30, 2013 1:39 pm

LOL

Dump outside your irrational hatred of the A-10 i agree with you on most everything, i just try to temper it and my own personal feelings of why i want teams in. Hopefully we both get our wishes and find out that the BE will add Slu for next year as a 11 hour addition. (i agree again, better not count on it)
BillEsq

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:03 pm

BillEsq wrote:LOL

Dump outside your irrational hatred of the A-10 i agree with you on most everything, i just try to temper it and my own personal feelings of why i want teams in. Hopefully we both get our wishes and find out that the BE will add Slu for next year as a 11 hour addition. (i agree again, better not count on it)

After seeing the hose job Wichita is getting in the Valley, I guess it's not quite so bad.
Big East Basketball is what it's always been. Great competition nightly.
If the Atlantic 10 didn't suck, why is everyone looking for the exits?
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby yorost » Thu May 30, 2013 2:31 pm

Jet915 wrote:I actually wish we went to 12 as well. The "major" conferences all have 12 or more teams (except Big XII), there just aren't any great candidates except maybe SLU.

Not sure there are any great candidates, either, but VCU probably would be, too. I hope they get an invite.
yorost

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:37 pm

I'd be for anybody at 11 if SLU is at 12 or vice versa.

Well, almost anybody, but we'll see. Saint Louis has some unknowns right now (mainly who is the President).
There is a reason why the A-10 left a team in the Central Time Zone...SLU, your move.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby yorost » Thu May 30, 2013 2:38 pm

From the way St. Louis fans talk, I'd assume you felt an unknown future president was a plus compared to the previous one. 8-)
yorost

Postby DumpsterFireA10 » Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 pm

yorost wrote:From the way St. Louis fans talk, I'd assume you felt an unknown future president was a plus compared to the previous one. 8-)

Mr. X would be better received than Father Biondi.

Most of the Biondi rhetoric has subsided now.
DumpsterFireA10

Postby BillEsq » Thu May 30, 2013 3:18 pm

DumpsterFireA10 wrote:
yorost wrote:From the way St. Louis fans talk, I'd assume you felt an unknown future president was a plus compared to the previous one. 8-)

Mr. X would be better received than Father Biondi.

Most of the Biondi rhetoric has subsided now.

LOL its more of an age thing Most who remember Slu from 25 years ago generally think fondly of him, while others don't really have a fair gauge of his accomplishments his biggest crime was staying in office past his time. Administrators outliving there moment happens at educational institutions everywhere (even an old John Wayne movie about it) far from a big deal, personally im a fan of Biondi and hope they replace him with someone with similar mojo albeit a one little more connected with the times.

In the grand scheme of things Slu being in or out has 0 to do with the President, and unless SLU nominates someone serving on the board of trustees of one of the BE schools it will remain a non-issue ;)
BillEsq

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board