Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 update

Postby MUPanther » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:41 pm

ESPN College Gameday heading to Salt Lake City. Washington at Utah 3:30et/2:30ct on FS1!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Jet915 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:32 pm

Cubs clincher in NLCS G6 gets avg of 9.7M viewers, highest in FS1 history, best LCS game on any network in six years.
Jet915

Postby stever20 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:40 am

it's going to be interesting to see what kind of ratings FS1 gets this week. In particular it'll be interesting to see the post game shows after the World Series games.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:59 am

saw this-
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/a-rod-s ... casts.html

It's been amazing- the MLB post game show on FS1 has been IMO absolutely superb. A-Rod and Rose just been perfect together. A Baseball version of Turner's Inside the NBA.
stever20

Postby FenwayFriar » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:18 pm

stever20 wrote:saw this-
http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/a-rod-s ... casts.html

It's been amazing- the MLB post game show on FS1 has been IMO absolutely superb. A-Rod and Rose just been perfect together. A Baseball version of Turner's Inside the NBA.

Couldn't agree more; their pre and post have been outstanding. It's a great blend of personalities. Now if we could just have a TBS-FS1 trade involving Pedro for Frank Thomas it would be perfect. Already having two of the greatest hitters ever in ARod and Rose, it would great to get a pitchers perspective. The Big Hurt just doesn't add enough IMO.
FenwayFriar

Postby Jet915 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:19 pm

Yeah, the post game shows are hilarious.
Jet915

Postby Savannah Jay » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Since the games are switching to the "Big Fox" instead of FS1, I will be curious to see if they maintain the same pre- and post-game show format. Unfortunately, I think we still have to listen to Joe Buck.
Savannah Jay

Postby MUPanther » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/ ... 0138477568

Side note, I think Joe Buck is outstanding at baseball.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Savannah Jay » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:23 am

MUPanther wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/790669520138477568

Understood...I know some folks like Buck. Some folks do not. Apparently, a bunch of Indians fans have signed a petition to get Fox to replace Buck with Bob Uecker (which I would love). Obviously, that's not going to happen but the Indians' fans are not enamored.

Cubs fans are not either. It was embarrassing to listen to him openly fawn over Kershaw as Kershaw was getting roundly outpitched by Kyle Hendricks. Buck even started making excuses for him. Honestly, I thought maybe they were related. In reality, Buck is an unapologetic Cardinals fan and really struggled to say much of anything about the Cubs, who were the best team in baseball this year. If you didn't know about the baseball season at all and just listened to Buck during the Cubs-Giants series and then the Cubs-Dodgers series, you would swear the Giants and Dodgers were the second and third coming of Christ. Clearly, I am biased. But so is Buck...and Buck is paid well to be unbiased while he is on TV.

EDIT: And I have to add...nowhere along the way did either Buck or Smoltz mention that Hendricks (and then Chapman) faced the minimum number of batters in the game, which is only the second time in post-season history that has happened (Don Larsen's perfect game being the other). The after show guys got it...but not Buck or Smoltz.
Savannah Jay

Postby stever20 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:30 am

Savannah Jay wrote:
MUPanther wrote:https://mobile.twitter.com/FOXSportsPR/status/790669520138477568

Understood...I know some folks like Buck. Some folks do not. Apparently, a bunch of Indians fans have signed a petition to get Fox to replace Buck with Bob Uecker (which I would love). Obviously, that's not going to happen but the Indians' fans are not enamored.

Cubs fans are not either. It was embarrassing to listen to him openly fawn over Kershaw as Kershaw was getting roundly outpitched by Kyle Hendricks. Buck even started making excuses for him. Honestly, I thought maybe they were related. In reality, Buck is an unapologetic Cardinals fan and really struggled to say much of anything about the Cubs, who were the best team in baseball this year. If you didn't know about the baseball season at all and just listened to Buck during the Cubs-Giants series and then the Cubs-Dodgers series, you would swear the Giants and Dodgers were the second and third coming of Christ. Clearly, I am biased. But so is Buck...and Buck is paid well to be unbiased while he is on TV.

EDIT: And I have to add...nowhere along the way did either Buck or Smoltz mention that Hendricks (and then Chapman) faced the minimum number of batters in the game, which is only the second time in post-season history that has happened (Don Larsen's perfect game being the other). The after show guys got it...but not Buck or Smoltz.

You do understand the reason Indians fans want Bob Uecker is the movie Major League. Those same fans want Charlie Sheen to throw out the first pitch.

I do think they did mention going into the 9th that fact about minimum number of batters in the game. And then in the post game show. It was totally meaningless though right after the game was over- the thing that meant more was the Cubs winning the pennant
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board