Fox Sports 1 Update

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Fox Sports 1 Update

Postby marquette » Fri May 19, 2017 8:42 pm

I wonder what ESPN pays in taxes every year.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Sat May 20, 2017 4:57 pm

Xavier4036 wrote:Stever, why as a "Georgetown fan" are you continuously coming to a Big East board to tear down FOX/FS1 every chance you can, while propping up ESPN every chance you can?

Cause he loves his AAC on ESPNU and ESPNEWS. :lol:
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Wed May 31, 2017 6:34 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:14 pm

Not good for Fox IMO the first few weeks....

while ABC is airing games like Florida/Michigan, Florida St/Alabama in week 1, then in week 2 Pittsburgh/Penn St, Oklahoma/Ohio St Fox gets saddled with UTEP/Oklahoma, Purdue/Louisville for week 1, then in week 2 Nebraska/Oregon, Stanford/USC....

Fox will need to get some neutral site games quite frankly that they own that they can get teams.
stever20

Postby Xavier4036 » Wed May 31, 2017 7:28 pm

Great college football lineup for FOX Sports with Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 12. Plus MLB postseason and World Series and obviously the NFL.

Anxiously awaiting Stever's response as to how this is a bad thing for FOX or Big East
Xavier4036

Postby marquette » Wed May 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Xavier4036 wrote:Great college football lineup for FOX Sports with Big 10, Big 12 and Pac 12. Plus MLB postseason and World Series and obviously the NFL.

Anxiously awaiting Stever's response as to how this is a bad thing for FOX or Big East

Apologies, took me a minute to notice he had a post awaiting approval.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby billyjack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:19 am

Fox College Football This Fall includes:
Ohio State at Michigan,
Texas at USC,
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State,
Nebraska at Oregon.
Stanford at USC.
Big Ten and Big 12 championship games.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:04 am

stever20 wrote:Not good for Fox IMO the first few weeks....

while ABC is airing games like Florida/Michigan, Florida St/Alabama in week 1, then in week 2 Pittsburgh/Penn St, Oklahoma/Ohio St Fox gets saddled with UTEP/Oklahoma, Purdue/Louisville for week 1, then in week 2 Nebraska/Oregon, Stanford/USC....

Fox will need to get some neutral site games quite frankly that they own that they can get teams.

Whew, lucky for Fox the college football season typically runs for an additional 9 or 10 weeks, plus bowls after that...! Fox really caught a break on that one...!
Providence
billyjack

Postby Xavier4036 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:07 am

You know the Georgetown and Big East basketball fan is grasping at straws when he is complaining about "the first few weeks" of FOX's college football schedule that includes Texas A&M at UCLA, Maryland at Texas, Purdue vs Louisville, Nebraska at Oregon, Stanford at USC and Minnesota at Oregon State..... and then only gets better from there.

Tough fall ahead for FOX (or tough first few weeks as Stever would say).
Xavier4036

Postby stever20 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:10 am

billyjack wrote:
stever20 wrote:Not good for Fox IMO the first few weeks....

Whew, lucky for Fox the college football season typically runs for an additional 9 or 10 weeks, plus bowls after that...! Fox really caught a break on that one...!

Fox has improved their football schedule- but it's no where close to ESPN. The problem in the list that you say Fox College Football this fall includes is that those 5 are pretty close to the top 5 games that Fox will air. Nebraska/Oregon and Stanford/USC will get trounced by Pitt/Penn St and Oklahoma/Ohio St. Like I said, Fox has improved, but it's still no where near ESPN.

I think it's really curious to see Fox almost punting the first 2 weeks. I mean, Oklahoma/UTEP is going to be on Big Fox? While ABC shows Florida/Michigan.

And you are really funny if you really mentioned the bowl season as a possibility for Fox to catch up vs ESPN. Given Fox owns all of what 1 bowl?
stever20

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board